Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fiberglass bumper tops
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
zy84
I am looking to buy bumper tops. Has anyone used the fiberglass tops and how good are they? Is the overall look once installed similar to the rubber tops? unsure.gif

Thanks
ConeDodger
I think IIRC that they are smooth and not 'pebbled' like the rubber. Check out Mikey914 in the member vendors or 914rubber.com for repro rubber bumper tops. Very reasonable and indistinguishable from originals.
Tom_T
agree.gif

I decided to go with his over OE rubber top pads for my resto!
... better rubber & stainless steel on all metal bits, plus he's just added some additional SS stiffeners & dropped the price.

... oh & welcome.png a few posts back! biggrin.gif
sean_v8_914
I have seen several and they look good but not a good as rubber since you can see the hollowness. I used paintable undercoating to replicate the texture of eh rubber on teh 10jreen FG bumper top
Black22
I got one from Carl Randolph Co. I have not installed it yet. It was cheaper than the rubber versions but seems a bit frail. I think if I take a small tap it will crack in half! Very light weight though and the fit/finish was ok. I will definitley call Mikey914 as soon as this ones done.

Or was it Carl RUDOLPH? Can't remember, I've got Sierra Nevada brain right now.
bembry
Anyone have Mikey's link with prices? I saw the thread about the new stainless bits, but didn't see the new pricing.
Brent
zy84
Thanks guys sounds like it shall be rubber tops. Hey bembry don't try to high jack my post. I don't want to have to go all mexican cartel on you. ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif

J/K.
EdwardBlume
Just curious... if you go with a FG bumper top, why not go with the full FG bumper? confused24.gif
bembry
QUOTE(zy84 @ Sep 14 2010, 12:04 PM) *

Thanks guys sounds like it shall be rubber tops. Hey bembry don't try to high jack my post. I don't want to have to go all mexican cartel on you. ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif

J/K.

oops--Busted. . . piratenanner.gif
NC_Colfax
QUOTE(RobW @ Sep 14 2010, 05:34 PM) *

Just curious... if you go with a FG bumper top, why not go with the full FG bumper? confused24.gif

I was thinking the same......
ConeDodger
QUOTE(bembry @ Sep 14 2010, 12:09 AM) *

Anyone have Mikey's link with prices? I saw the thread about the new stainless bits, but didn't see the new pricing.
Brent

914Rubber.Com or look in the Member Vendor Forum by clicking on Forums above...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.