Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Flywheel specs help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
broomhandle
Is there anybody who has the exact specs of the flywheel where it connects? if anybody has a CAD file that would help out more.

or if anybody is in germany, if they have a flywheel we can measure.

we are building an adapter and any help would be great. thanks guys!
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(broomhandle @ Sep 13 2010, 12:10 PM) *

Is there anybody who has the exact specs of the flywheel where it connects? if anybody has a CAD file that would help out more.

"Where it connects?"? What? And why "if anybody is in Germany"? Perhaps you need to tell us exactly what you want.

The Cap'n
broomhandle
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Sep 13 2010, 12:36 PM) *

QUOTE(broomhandle @ Sep 13 2010, 12:10 PM) *

"Where it connects?"? What? And why "if anybody is in Germany"? Perhaps you need to tell us exactly what you want.

The Cap'n

"we" in germany are building an adapter to mount up to a 914 flywheel. we have a CNC machine. and need the exact measurements of the mount side so we can build an adapter. and with a CAD file can go right into the CNC. or just specs.
Cap'n Krusty
By the "mount side", I'm guessing you mean the section that bolts to the crankshaft, not the part where the pressure plate mounts. As that's never machined (at least the mounting surface, the surface where the seal makes contact, and the o-ring groove), you could take the measurements from any T4 flywheel, new or used. You're more likely to find a flywheel here in the US than you are in Germany, because there are more cars/busses still on the road here than there.

The Cap'n
broomhandle
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Sep 13 2010, 02:52 PM) *

By the "mount side", I'm guessing you mean the section that bolts to the crankshaft, not the part where the pressure plate mounts. As that's never machined (at least the mounting surface, the surface where the seal makes contact, and the o-ring groove), you could take the measurements from any T4 flywheel, new or used. You're more likely to find a flywheel here in the US than you are in Germany, because there are more cars/busses still on the road here than there.

The Cap'n

ive been told the T4 and the 914 are different. one is 5 bolt (914) and the other is a 4 bolt (T4 as well as T2)

thank you for your help.
underthetire
QUOTE(broomhandle @ Sep 13 2010, 02:57 PM) *

The Cap'n

ive been told the T4 and the 914 are different. one is 5 bolt (914) and the other is a 4 bolt (T4 as well as T2)

thank you for your help.

Nope. This POS bus motor I have in my car has a 914 flywheel on it. Just the clutch disk size is different. 215MM vs I think 225mm on a bus.
broomhandle
QUOTE(underthetire @ Sep 13 2010, 03:08 PM) *

QUOTE(broomhandle @ Sep 13 2010, 02:57 PM) *

The Cap'n

thank you for your help.

Nope. This POS bus motor I have in my car has a 914 flywheel on it. Just the clutch disk size is different. 215MM vs I think 225mm on a bus.

ok, thats what i thought. but unsure. i thought the 901 and 915 used the same as the VW setup.

and yes, old VW's are very rare in germany. my friends father has a running T4 in germany, but cant ask if i can measure his flywheel.. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.