Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MUSR Caravan Hotel in Memphis - TX, ARK, OK People
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bandjoey
Hay y'all. If we want a group rate in Memphis coming and going put your name on this thread and how many rooms. Etc.

I'll work with Don and get us a good rate and then You will call and reserve your room.

I'm thinkin. Motel 6 type since we're not staying to see Elvis or such.

Clean and cheap.
jt914-6
Dana and I are in for one room.....just not in the "hood"...... ar15.gif
bandjoey
Yep. I'm not into Jeno's Smoke Shop, Used Bongs, and Rooms for Rent type places.

Like McD's, Highway Motel Chains reign...never a surprise, always the same is my motto. laugh.gif
bandjoey
Yep. I'm not into Jeno's Smoke Shop, Used Bongs, and Rooms for Rent type places.

Like McD's, Highway Motel Chains reign...never a surprise, always the same is my motto. laugh.gif
jt914-6
Bill.....there's other ways of bumping the thread up to the top without double posting...... poke.gif smoke.gif icon_bump.gif
BigDBass
He just wants to make it absolutely clear that he only likes brand spankin' new bongs.
bandjoey
icon_bump.gif

bandjoey
icon_bump.gif
Are we all sleeping in the car?
ClayPerrine
I once tried sleeping in a 914.. and it can't be comfortably done.

But We are in for a room. I liked the place we stayed last time. It was nice.

hot_shoe914
Not really any trailer parking where you stayed last time. That is where I was getting you a group rate at. Ron and Mary and Jt and Dana will need trailer parking.
bandjoey
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Sep 18 2010, 07:01 AM) *

Not really any trailer parking where you stayed last time. That is where I was getting you a group rate at. Ron and Mary and Jt and Dana will need trailer parking.

So what's the name of this place. I'm waiting to see if more than 3 respond and then pick a place.
GTPatrick
Folks , I would recommend to stay away from Memphis downtown or anywhere inside of I-240 .

Since I will assume that y'all would be taking I-40 eastbound , staying at any hotels from Bartlett (East of Memphis and off of I-40) on out east would be your best bet and safest too . Maybe at some hotel off of Germantown Rd. near the mall . Don may not agree with me on this but due to my experience going downtown Memphis , well I just stay away from it from now on unless I have to go in for either jury duty or any other court stuff .

Also , along Germantown Rd. around and near the Wolfchase Mall there are many eating places to choose from . I also am guessing that it will be a 1 night stay over and out the next morning . So if there is some get together , I'd like to join up with the festivities . My work schedule keeps me from coming along to the MUSR planned festivities .

Good luck with finding a stop over hotel that's good and not too expensive .

GTP beer.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(GTPatrick @ Sep 19 2010, 01:22 AM) *

Folks , I would recommend to stay away from Memphis downtown or anywhere inside of I-240 .

Since I will assume that y'all would be taking I-40 eastbound , staying at any hotels from Bartlett (East of Memphis and off of I-40) on out east would be your best bet and safest too . Maybe at some hotel off of Germantown Rd. near the mall . Don may not agree with me on this but due to my experience going downtown Memphis , well I just stay away from it from now on unless I have to go in for either jury duty or any other court stuff .

Also , along Germantown Rd. around and near the Wolfchase Mall there are many eating places to choose from . I also am guessing that it will be a 1 night stay over and out the next morning . So if there is some get together , I'd like to join up with the festivities . My work schedule keeps me from coming along to the MUSR planned festivities .

Good luck with finding a stop over hotel that's good and not too expensive .

GTP beer.gif

They will want to eat off Poplar or downtown at the Rendevouz. Staying out in Bartlett or futher makes a longer ride back to town. Also, all of the hotels I checked out at wolfchase were about 30.00 a night more.

Oh yeah, Jt said he wanted to stay in the hood.
jt914-6
Right Don.....I want the full Memphis experience.....you know.....Bar-B-Que......ghost of Elvis.....Staying in the HOOD........ slap.gif ar15.gif
GTPatrick

Staying in da Hood will provide the ambiance that one needs if one is craving for an unforgettable life changing experience . Besides , there are several hoods and flavuhs to choose from .

Party on . party.gif
bandjoey
Kinda Important Note about Memphis

So far, only Clay, JT, Mary, John B, and Me are the only ones looking for a Memphis room. I'm going to find us a place this week, and will post it this weekend so you can call and make your reservations. (Travis? Yes?) Who Else????

Oklahoma. Texas. Arkansas. Kansas. Post a reply here or PM me. I need a room count to try for a better rate. Thanks Bill

driving.gif driving-girl.gif driving.gif driving-girl.gif driving.gif driving-girl.gif

Thoward914
Yes, I'll need a room also for Robyn and myself. Make sure it's in a decent area in case I have to drive the 996. poke.gif Clay

Do they have any good local wines? I'll bring my own brie, because the best brie comes from Texas. sheeplove.gif
bandjoey
I'll have to do some research. I'm sure Don can get U something of quality in the $1.98 range for good Tennessee wine.
beer.gif
bandjoey
I've checked about 25 motels on the east side of Memphis for rates and parking area for security and for 2 or 3 pickups with trailers. It looks like we need 9-10 rooms to get a group rate at a national chain motel. Right now we're at 6.

Everything I looked at on the 40-240 loop are pricing in the $74 and up rate. Hood motels are about $50 but they also have hourly rates available, too. happy11.gif

I moved up I40 a few miles and came across this Super8 in Lakeland. Google maps shows 8 hours 1 minute drive from DFW, and it looks like about 15 minutes east of the loop.

Rooms are averaging $49.95. It looks fairly new and there's 18 wheel parking.
Free Donut and Coffee breakfast.

Google Satelite give a good view of the property.

Let me know what you think. If most like this location, I'll go ahead and reserve my room and let them know you'll be calling asap. Need to know by Saturday.

I 'assume' we'll stay her on the way back, too.

http://www.super8.com/Super8/control/Booki...ropertyId=08097
bandjoey
duplicate
jt914-6
Bill....did some checking....this motel didn't have the best reviews as you can see.
I'm for close to I-40 and not too expensive. This one may be a possibility, but maybe not??? http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g3..._Tennessee.html
bandjoey
QUOTE(jt914-6 @ Sep 22 2010, 03:43 PM) *

Bill....did some checking....this motel didn't have the best reviews as you can see.
I'm for close to I-40 and not too expensive. This one may be a possibility, but maybe not??? http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g3..._Tennessee.html

Thanks...Good web site. I'll do some more checking. Bill
Betty
QUOTE(Thoward914 @ Sep 22 2010, 12:44 AM) *

Yes, I'll need a room also for Robyn and myself. Make sure it's in a decent area in case I have to drive the 996. poke.gif Clay

Do they have any good local wines? I'll bring my own brie, because the best brie comes from Texas. sheeplove.gif

Dude! Lyle has the valves and is allegedly finishing the heads up. How's the welding coming along on your yellow beastie? Like I said, I've only welded twice in my life, but I'd be more than happy to come over and teach myself how to weld on your car. I promise I wouldn't butcher it toooo much, or add toooo much weight to slow you down at the autocrosses. happy11.gif welder.gif

(where's that darn welding emoticon with a pink helmet when you need one?!) biggrin.gif

(I'm also seeing some Ritz crackers and spray cheese in your near future) poke.gif
Thoward914
QUOTE(Betty @ Sep 22 2010, 09:17 PM) *

QUOTE(Thoward914 @ Sep 22 2010, 12:44 AM) *

Dude! Lyle has the valves and is allegedly finishing the heads up. How's the welding coming along on your yellow beastie? Like I said, I've only welded twice in my life, but I'd be more than happy to come over and teach myself how to weld on your car. I promise I wouldn't butcher it toooo much, or add toooo much weight to slow you down at the autocrosses. happy11.gif welder.gif

(where's that darn welding emoticon with a pink helmet when you need one?!) biggrin.gif

(I'm also seeing some Ritz crackers and spray cheese in your near future) poke.gif

The welding is not a show stopper. If I don't have time to do it the beast won't crumply in half. We can stick the engine in for the Ramble then take it back out and finish the details before the season starts next year. driving.gif
bandjoey
On I40 at the loop on the east side of town.

Baymont Inn & Suites Memphis
6020 Shelby Oaks Drive
Memphis, TN 37501
(901) 377-2233

76 reviews Google Hotels 3+ rating of 5

Traveladvisor 21 reviews 3 rating of 5

Normal hotel parking

Average rate $54

In this price range this is the best rating I can find in Memphis. Everything else is at $75 and up for better ratings or in the Hood.

=====================================

Unless someone else comes up with a better, I'll set this up this weekend. popcorn[1].gif

hot_shoe914
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Sep 22 2010, 11:32 PM) *

On I40 at the loop on the east side of town.

Baymont Inn & Suites Memphis
6020 Shelby Oaks Drive
Memphis, TN 37501
(901) 377-2233

76 reviews Google Hotels 3+ rating of 5

Traveladvisor 21 reviews 3 rating of 5

Normal hotel parking

Average rate $54

In this price range this is the best rating I can find in Memphis. Everything else is at $75 and up for better ratings or in the Hood.

=====================================

Unless someone else comes up with a better, I'll set this up this weekend. popcorn[1].gif

This one is 1 block off I=40. Area is not too bad, littleconcerned about parking for the trailers though. I looked at it the other day but not real close. I will check it out tomorrow and see if they have parking around back that will accomodate the trailers.
bandjoey
If we book 5-6 rooms I was going to ask them to block off space for the 2 trailers early in the day. Thanks for the PPI Don. smile.gif
jt914-6
I guess that any motel can have bad reviews.....The last one for this one was about a year ago....Hope they have resolved most of the bad reviews.....Hell, I might stay in the trailer!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.