Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help engine won't come out
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
winterkornj
This is the second engine I have dropped the first I had no problems. I was following the instructions form pelican on how to drop your engine. Got to the end, the part where you loosen the engine bar bolts, and one side the bolt head broke off clean below the engine brace and the other side the bolt just keeps turning. Any Suggestions.
machina
this happend to me as well.

the side that keeps turning... there is a nut on top of the mount that is hard to reach that is turning with the bolt. It can be done, just get on in there and get a wrench on the nut while you turn the bolt.

the sheared off bolt.....mine sheared and the motor would not drop for hell or high water. it was all just rusted together. had to put a long 2x4 thru the motor compartment so it rested on the crossbar from above and then pound on it with a 20lb sledge hammer.

this was my parts car so I didn't care about smashing the body but if this is your good car, be real careful. I knocked the hell out of the trunk and sides a couple times.

have fun...

dr
ablose58
smash.gif B.F. H. and liquid wrench, A force to be reckoned with. laugh.gif beer3.gif AL
McMark
Put a socket wrench on the top of the sheared side as well. It'll either brake free or shear that side off as well which should free the engine. I'm a fan of socket wrenches on the top side of the mount bolts. Works real well like.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.