Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: big public THANK YOU to SirAndy
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gustl
A while back, there was a thread about the price of a 914-6 that was for sale.
As usual it was an interesting discussion with all the arguments for a high price or against.
Somebody posted a Craiglist ad to compare the car in discussion with another nice one.
Well, I prefered the one from the Craiglist ad and it seemed that nobody else did.
The same day I contacted the owner to express my interest and ask for more infos / photos.
Then I asked Andy if he would be so kind to help me out with a PPI - and he did.
He inspected the car with all his experience in every detail and sent me a huge report
with all the good and not so good things he found.
To be honest, I've never seen such a detailed report before.
This made it quite easy to take the decision - to buy the car.

Thank you Andy !!

After some difficulties with the wire transfer, yesterday was the day ...
but due to the time gap I got the info today's morning (9/14 biggrin.gif ):
The car got picked up by the shipping company - that means, that I'm a 914-6 owner again smilie_pokal.gif

It will take quit a lot of time till I will see the car in person, but from now on I own it mueba.gif rocking nana.gif mueba.gif

I hope the shipping and all will work as fine as the purchase did ...
carr914
Congrats Wolfgang smilie_pokal.gif

But we need pictures to know that such a car exists poke.gif

T.C.
PeeGreen 914
piratenanner.gif Nice. Congrats smilie_pokal.gif
Gustl
ooops ... my bad rolleyes.gif

I'm still so excited that I forgot to post pics ...

Andyrew
Beautiful car!!!
BigDBass
drooley.gif first.gif welcome.png
Drums66
nice & sweet wub.gif
bye1.gif
Richard Casto
Very nice! Is that Irish Green?
JmuRiz
WOW, that's a great looking car!!!
carr914
Very Nice clap56.gif

Welcome Back to the -6 Club
SirAndy
I'm glad you bought it! first.gif

This car needed to go to a good home. smile.gif

It'll need some TLC, but overall this is a very good example of a nice numbers matching car.
driving.gif Andy
Gustl
QUOTE(Richard Casto @ Sep 14 2010, 07:50 PM) *

Is that Irish Green?

no - it's green metallic (8310), available only in MY'70

StratPlayer
Congrats,,, very very nice car indeed.
PanelBilly
Great looking car. What's the sninny on the problems? Do you have a lot of work to do?
Tom_T
Congratz! smilie_pokal.gif

Geez that's a gorgeous looking 914-6! drooley.gif wub.gif

I can't imagine that it has much on the negatives list, but Andy would know what TLC it needs!

I don't recall the CL ad for it, but what price did you get it for?

Also, hang onto those Blue/Yellow California plates for it, as you'll want them for future resto/sale & shows, since they look to be the right sequence for the original ones, & they're in great shape! smile.gif
markb
Nice! drooley.gif
EdwardBlume
agree.gif Congrats! aktion035.gif

Its going to a good 914 home... first.gif
johannes
Congrats, You finaly got a six again ! ... The car looks gorgeous, I like the color very much !!!
Gustl
thanks for all your comments beerchug.gif

I'll need to convert some things to Euro-style to get it street legal over here; not much work, but pretty expensive ...
Engine+trans will need a propper reseal - in Austria I won't get a car street legal with oil leaks;
some body seals need to be replaced
some minor things are not correct fot MY'70 and some are missing

as for the price ... let's say: sufficient wink.gif

oh yes ... the blue plates will be sent in an extra FedEx box sunglasses.gif
Socalandy
AWSM car, Congrats!!!! drooley.gif
DEC
Wolfgang,
Welcome back in the 6er world beerchug.gif

Nice strike smilie_pokal.gif
dw914er
Very nice find!
Cairo94507
Beautiful car!
Andyrew
So when are you going to change your signature to reflect the new car?
rick 918-S
Holy! drooley.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Gustl @ Sep 14 2010, 03:53 PM) *

I'll need to convert some things to Euro-style to get it street legal over here; not much work, but pretty expensive ...
Engine+trans will need a propper reseal - in Austria I won't get a car street legal with oil leaks;

You could just leave it in the states.....say at my house for example.....then when you are over here you will have one of your own to drive. In fact, you could start next month at MUSR11........just sayin' poke.gif
1970 Neun vierzehn
Good to see you back with a /6 beerchug.gif

The pics certainly present a gorgeous car. drooley.gif As has been said before, we all know the car is going to an appreciative owner. Nice buy! thumb3d.gif
Gint
QUOTE(Gustl @ Sep 14 2010, 11:23 AM) *
ooops ... my bad rolleyes.gif

I'm still so excited that I forgot to post pics ...
Nice car!
Tom_T
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Sep 14 2010, 05:42 PM) *

QUOTE(Gustl @ Sep 14 2010, 03:53 PM) *

You could just leave it in the states.....say at my house for example.....then when you are over here you will have one of your own to drive. In fact, you could start next month at MUSR11........just sayin' poke.gif

Well now, it's got Calif plates & should stay in a nice dry state, so my garage will do, & I'll even keep it exercised weekly for you Wolfgang! biggrin.gif

... actually it's already on das boat! blink.gif barf.gif
... sorry, I always get sea sick! sad.gif
Gustl
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Sep 15 2010, 01:21 AM) *

So when are you going to change your signature to reflect the new car?

as soon as it's here in Austria sunglasses.gif
Gustl
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Sep 15 2010, 05:03 AM) *

oh no ... it's gonna wait about 3-4 months, till the shipper has the container filled up with more cars to save on shipping costs
as I'm told I have to expect it here in Austria at about Feb 2011 ...
a long time to wait, but I already started to collect some parts that I will need
Tom_T
QUOTE(Gustl @ Sep 14 2010, 10:13 PM) *

oh no ... it's gonna wait about 3-4 months, till the shipper has the container filled up with more cars to save on shipping costs
a long time to wait, but I already started to collect some parts that I will need

Well then, I'd be happy to pop over & give her a run once a week so the cobwebs don't build up while she's waiting! biggrin.gif
johannes
Move to France , Gustl ! You can register a pissing oil car without any trouble. As far as you are registered as historic car, you don't need to make any changes to the vehicle ... Or maybe you can sell it to me wink.gif
carr914
QUOTE(Gustl @ Sep 15 2010, 01:13 AM) *

That seems like a Long time. How much do you expect to save by waiting 3-4 months. I have looked at overseas transport and I was surprised how little it was.

I know you are a thoughtful guy, but I would want my car driving.gif

T.C.
Gustl
QUOTE(johannes @ Sep 15 2010, 07:52 AM) *

Move to France , Gustl ! You can register a pissing oil car without any trouble.

believe me ... I don't want a car that's pissing oil biggrin.gif

and ... I know that France is a wonderful country, but I have serious difficulties with the language wacko.gif
Tirol is wonderful too shades.gif
Gustl
QUOTE(carr914 @ Sep 15 2010, 11:49 AM) *

That seems like a Long time. How much do you expect to save by waiting 3-4 months.

it's not just the money that counts
I already got lots of grey hair just from the purchase thing - some troubles with the wire transfer ...
about 3 years ago I informed myself what to do if I want to ship a car from California to Austria on my own - it would drive me crazy ...
so I decided to take advantage of a professional shipper here in Austria
he imports cars from California to Austria for more than 20 years, and he knows the business well
he told me that he will import a couple of cars somewhen around Dec/Jan and that he could bring my car as well - if I'm patient enaugh
luckily I am a patient guy biggrin.gif
carr914
It's a good thing I'm not a Doctor, for I have no Patients evilgrin.gif

My newest 914 should have been here yesterday & I'm going crazy because it won't be here for another Hour w00t2.gif No more Coffee coffee.gif
Tom_T
T.C. - the shipping industry is way down with the recession, so they have 20-40% of their fleets idled, & imports coming into the USA are also way down. That means less going out than before, when they had 7-8x as much coming in as going out so you could ship out of the US for a song.

Anyway, it sounds like Wolfgang is going the safe route with a pro shipper of cars to avoid those "oops moments" on the transit.

So Wolfgang - if it's sitting in the LA-Long Beach Harbor my offer to exercise her weekly is still open - out on Fridays & back on Mondays! biggrin.gif

If it's SF-Alameda-Oakland Ports, then I'm sure Sir Andy would do the same! beer.gif

Seriously, good luck & "Good on ya!" for your patience! beerchug.gif

Tom
///////
smg914
Congratulations Wolfgang.

WOW, that is one of the prettiest sixes I've ever seen (photos). I love that metallic green. I'm very happy that you found such a fine six and in a rare color that makes it even more special.

Steve
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.