Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Time to rant - Stupid ebay seller
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
banger
Time to rant about the stupid ebay sellers. I bought what looked like a nice underdash DPD air conditioning unit on ebay. Needless to say, it arrives with only a little plastic and cardboard wrapped around it. Not even packaged in a box! One of the vents is destroyed, all the mountings are torn off, and there is a nice collection of broken plastic. Do people honestly think that 40 year old plastic car parts are going to survive a cross country trip without a box?
EdwardBlume
Wow! blink.gif

That sucks... I hope you get your money back...
johannes
What an idiot ! ... If you payed with paypal make a claim.
msglaigaie
Not to poke you in the eye, but what did he/they/it charge for shipping??
orange914
QUOTE(msglaigaie @ Sep 14 2010, 02:29 PM) *

should not mater... it still should be packaged well, no mater if the seller CHOOSES to undercut his shipping cost, his choice. some have free shipping, all a gimmick.

i say give him a chance to make good. within 30 days for paypal reasons. if he chooses to give himself a bad name and not make good. then and only then post his seller i.d. so we all can watch out.

hope it works out
banger
$25 for shipping

QUOTE(msglaigaie @ Sep 14 2010, 02:29 PM) *

windforfun
BTDT
draganc
man that sucks! i bought a front sway-bar from ebay and the guy just wrapped some paper around the bar.
the next time i will request confirmation how the item will be packed for shipping.
76-914
I received 3 broken ar15.gif windshields before I gave up and bought an after mkt one. It doesn't matter what you say to them.
charliew
I just bought a ebay vac case tractor hood and the seller said it had no rusthrough. I explained ahead of buying it that I didn't want a hood that needed a lot of repair. Well with just a small two minute wirebrushing a few holes in a hemmed edge showed up and it has three splits in the edges and part of the latch is missing. He packed it really well as I paid him extra for the packing. His reply was how much do I want refunded, and I told him the hood I have on the tractor requires less work than the one he sent and that bodywork is worth about 30.00 a hour and this would be about three hours just on the obvious spots before a sandblasting and bumping and paint. I paid 95 for the hood and 50 shipping. I also told him with a little cleanup he would have seen the flaws and could have saved us both a bunch of time. I'm stiill too pissed to ask for some money back for something I really don't want.
RFoulds
Its tough to weed through the sellers, but I now know ot look fo ra few things.

If I am buying Porsche parts, does their history include a LOT of Porsche parts sold? Or do they just sell used parts from anything they can get their hands on?

Do comments from buyers ever say things like "well packed"?

How far away are they?

Just a few ways to weed through the crud thats out there.

But I learned the hard way too.
banger
The seller is happily refunding the money. Its just sad that an A/C that was in really good shape is now pretty much destroyed, which leaves one less out in the wild.
zymurgist
I bought a seat rail for the Corvette via eBay. It was rusty and not anywhere near the condition they claimed. I bitched about it and they sent me another, slightly better, example. I ended up taking my original (non-rusty) seat rail to my welder and he fixed it up.

Unfortunately, the big swap meets (Carlisle etc.) aren't getting the vendors they used to because of eBay. Pity, that. I like to be able to inspect my parts before I lay down hard earned cash.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.