Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rare 914 spotted in Cincy....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
1970 Neun vierzehn
The RRC pics make me envious for three reasons. First, the obvious camaradiere (sp) apparant in the pics beerchug.gif drunk.gif ....second, the drop-dead gorgeous scenery as a back-drop to all your fun, driving or otherwise drooley.gif ....and lastly, all those 914s that are out there on the road driving.gif ...and all at the same time.

I am on the road a LOT in the greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky area, and it has been almost two, yeah 2, years since I've seen another 914 on the streets and highways of Cincinnati. And THEN, I see two 914s in three days clap56.gif (OK west coasters, sneer and snicker).

The first 914 I saw was last Sunday at 1:20 PM at the intersection of Columbia Parkway/Torrence Parkway/Wm Howard Taft Road. 'twas a nice looking Special Edition (aka "BumbleBee"), and as I passed him on my motorcycle, I gave the driver a honk and a thumbs-up thumb3d.gif . I got a big wave back wavey.gif . I hope it was someone on this Forum.

The second 914 I saw today, on 9.14, was a black one, eastbound on I-275 near the Milford exit at 4:00 PM. I was westbound at the time in an Audi.

What stuck me about these sightings is the fact that in a sea of slab-sided SUVs, wallowing mini-vans, and mostly generic-styled, bar-of-soap shaped, homogenized sedans, just how distinctive and out-of -the-ordinary the 914 looks in contemporary traffic. It doesn't look particularly "old", or out of date as some other '70s cars do, but its shape is very unique in todays' traffic mix. Kudos to those drivers out there in my neck of the woods for just being out there. clap56.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Sep 14 2010, 10:13 PM) *

The RRC pics make me envious for three reasons. First, the obvious camaradiere (sp) apparant in the pics beerchug.gif drunk.gif ....second, the drop-dead gorgeous scenery as a back-drop to all your fun, driving or otherwise drooley.gif ....and lastly, all those 914s that are out there on the road driving.gif ...and all at the same time.

I am on the road a LOT in the greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky area, and it has been almost two, yeah 2, years since I've seen another 914 on the streets and highways of Cincinnati. And THEN, I see two 914s in three days clap56.gif (OK west coasters, sneer and snicker).

The first 914 I saw was last Sunday at 1:20 PM at the intersection of Columbia Parkway/Torrence Parkway/Wm Howard Taft Road. 'twas a nice looking Special Edition (aka "BumbleBee"), and as I passed him on my motorcycle, I gave the driver a honk and a thumbs-up thumb3d.gif . I got a big wave back wavey.gif . I hope it was someone on this Forum.

The second 914 I saw today, on 9.14, was a black one, eastbound on I-275 near the Milford exit at 4:00 PM. I was westbound at the time in an Audi.

What stuck me about these sightings is the fact that in a sea of slab-sided SUVs, wallowing mini-vans, and mostly generic-styled, bar-of-soap shaped, homogenized sedans, just how distinctive and out-of -the-ordinary the 914 looks in contemporary traffic. It doesn't look particularly "old", or out of date as some other '70s cars do, but its shape is very unique in todays' traffic mix. Kudos to those drivers out there in my neck of the woods for just being out there. clap56.gif

That is awesome. Come on down for MUSR next month and see about 40 of these sweet lil cars at one time.
Tom_T
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Sep 14 2010, 08:13 PM) *

Bet you'll be glad when Pat gets back to your neck of the woods!

One of these days when mine is done Paul, I hope to drive it back to OK, Indy & Pittsburgh to visit family etc. - sooooo .... Cinci/KY isn't that far off the beaten path, once I've done a 4-5k total trip! idea.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.