Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: STIG revealed!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RFoulds
Link to Euro Yahoo story.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/15092010/23/...ried-bully.html
BigDBass
I always thought it was Steve Matchett (ex-F1 mechanic, author, SpeedTV announcer)
RFoulds
I thought it was Damon Hill or Russ Swift.

Sad the way they blew him up. Being such a big part of a show that rakes in so much money, he should have had some financial security. Would have gone a long way.

NC_Colfax
I always thought it was F1 driver Lewis Hamilton.....
johannes
I thought it was Andy ...

Best stunt ever ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pb_VjzyZODs

dw914er
QUOTE(NC_Colfax @ Sep 15 2010, 04:17 PM) *

I always thought it was F1 driver Lewis Hamilton.....

he's a great driver, but the Stig never drove like an f1 driver. It's a shame that this situation happened, because Collin's shouldn't be bullied, but at the same time none of us really wanted to know who the stig was.

It's interesting Collin's has been seen in a few episodes not as the stig.
Andyrew
They told us this over a year ago.

I was on the official top gear site watching some clips and one of them said in the description "The stig races against a bmx bike". Watch the video and it introduces ben collins.

I thought I posted it on here.. probably not..
Sleepin
I honestly thought it was a different person every time. I was really surprised to find out it was just one guy.
johannes
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Sep 16 2010, 08:27 AM) *

I honestly thought it was a different person every time. I was really surprised to find out it was just one guy.

I agree. I always thought it was at least two or three different guys ...
scotty b
Rediculous somethign so minor and mundane results in such a damned circus. You'd think Collins had sold yellow cake to Kim Jong popcorn[1].gif
Richard Casto
When Hammond had his accident in the jet dragster awhile back the Stig was reported to be there. The accident report had to list everyone's real name. A certain Ben Collins was in the list. So I think that is when it was really blown. It has been a badly kept secret over the past few years. And even then, on occasion (as Ben says) they have used other people. I suspect they may use others for photo video stand-in/promotional stuff, but I am guessing he has been the primary (only?) person to do Power Lap stuff. And clearly when they do some stuff outside of the UK, they have their region specific "Stigs" (such as in Africa episode). I will probably buy the book.
scotty b
Is it time for the MONSTER STIG ?????????
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.