qa1142
Nasty
Rotary'14
AWSM car control.

-Robert
VaccaRabite
So much fun to watch.
DanT
now if he could only drive half that well when in comes to the World Rallye Championships...seems he always crashes out sad.gif
And I wonder if he has new sponsorship...all of his other videos where in Subi WRX STIs....
Now in a really trick Ford...
bmtrnavsky
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Sep 15 2010, 03:54 PM) *

That was AWESOME! aktion035.gif
plymouth37
Incredible car control, I can't say I approve of his shift to Ford but the new car seems to be treating him well!
Sleepin
I need some alone time BRB. biggrin.gif
Andyrew
Personally I loved PT 1 better than any of the other's in his series.. So much more RAW.

This was still good though smile.gif
Derek Seymour
QUOTE(DanT @ Sep 15 2010, 05:18 PM) *

now if he could only drive half that well when in comes to the World Rallye Championships...seems he always crashes out sad.gif
And I wonder if he has new sponsorship...all of his other videos where in Subi WRX STIs....

I was going to say the same thing. If he has such great car control then why does he always crash out? Talented yes but there is a catch.

Most anyone here could drive in a similar manner if we owned a shoe company that made top $$$$ and had nothing else to do. He could own and run his own race team from the $$ made of of DC products alone. Not that I am knocking a self-made man, he just so happens to have a big bucks and some really cool hobbies.

Sub dropped out of factory works rallye competition in 2009. This was due to the fact that Fuji Heavy Industries pulled out to save $$$. Ken Block signed on with Ford and jumped in their tricked out rallye speck Fiesta.
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(plymouth37 @ Sep 15 2010, 07:41 PM) *

Incredible car control, I can't say I approve of his shift to Ford but the new car seems to be treating him well!

Yes, he has been pilloried by the Subaru fanboys. Whatever. Subaru dropped out of the WRC and Block found himself without a ride. in his shoes, I would have done the same thing.

Zach
DanT
QUOTE(Derek Seymour @ Sep 15 2010, 11:39 PM) *

I was going to say the same thing. If he has such great car control then why does he always crash out? Talented yes but there is a catch.

Most anyone here could drive in a similar manner if we owned a shoe company that made top $$$$ and had nothing else to do. He could own and run his own race team from the $$ made of of DC products alone. Not that I am knocking a self-made man, he just so happens to have a big bucks and some really cool hobbies.

Sub dropped out of factory works rallye competition in 2009. This was due to the fact that Fuji Heavy Industries pulled out to save $$$. Ken Block signed on with Ford and jumped in their tricked out rallye speck Fiesta.

and when you watch the videos, they are a compilation of many runs at the same obstacles...
never the first set of skid marks at many places. you don't get a do over in WRC... smile.gif
championgt1
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Sep 15 2010, 09:59 PM) *

Personally I loved PT 1 better than any of the other's in his series.. So much more RAW.

This was still good though smile.gif

agree.gif
Borderline
I was surprised to see him tag the wall at the beginning (about 1:24 into the video).
Drums66
Ready...set...ignition
thanks for the blast bye1.gif

(dig them cool wheels)
draganc
QUOTE(Borderline @ Sep 16 2010, 08:37 AM) *

I was surprised to see him tag the wall at the beginning (about 1:24 into the video).

I loved that look on his face after he hit that wall - awsome driving
BigDBass
Awesome, thanks for sharing!
Cupomeat
QUOTE(DanT @ Sep 16 2010, 11:04 AM) *

QUOTE(Derek Seymour @ Sep 15 2010, 11:39 PM) *

and when you watch the videos, they are a compilation of many runs at the same obstacles...
never the first set of skid marks at many places. you don't get a do over in WRC... smile.gif

Yes, I took a good look at this and this is a compilation of multiple runs. I'd say there was one for each of the external cameras as well as a few rotating cameras (like the figure eight around the green barrels shot from within the barrels.)
So, probably around 8 runs to make the video.

That being said, it was GREAT car control and awesome entertainment.
pktzygt
I seem to remember him hitting a wall in one of the other videos. I would give a body part of some sort just to ride shotgun during this hitting walls or not.
Pat Garvey
As my buddy Jafsmith said when he sent this to me - 'how many sets of tires?"

Regardless, fits right in with one of the most awesome displays of precision drivinbg I've ever seen. I'm keeping this one!
Pat
J P Stein
Videos designed to dazzle the fast & furious crowd.....free, too....most awesome entertainment is, eh? . It seems to work here.
biggy72
Went to watch the Olympus Rally a couple weeks ago. I hadn't been to a rally since I was really little and we had a great time... until we got home and found out that one of the competitors had an accident on the stage after where we were sitting. He passed away at the scene. The co-driver was alright, but I can only imagine the grief of not only watching your friend pass away, but also the endless self doubt of whether you read the notes correctly, loud enough, at the right time, etc.

http://www.facebook.com/SubaRoots

This is a picture I took of Matt Marker on stage 5. May he rest in peace...
sixnotfour
Walter Rohrl 1985
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyVHj3sHVHQ...feature=related

Here is another , real racin 25 years ago , I like the Block video's, great car, great skills, a bit too hollywood for me, These 25year old group B video's are the heat of the battle so to speak ,one shot one time, and dont hit a spectatator.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vky1uh_kCf0
sww914
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Sep 16 2010, 05:22 AM) *

QUOTE(plymouth37 @ Sep 15 2010, 07:41 PM) *

Yes, he has been pilloried by the Subaru fanboys. Whatever. Subaru dropped out of the WRC and Block found himself without a ride. in his shoes, I would have done the same thing.

Zach

lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.