Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stripped and naked ready for action..
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boxstr
I mean paint...
boxstr
more ....
ppickerell
Blasted, or hand sanded? Pictures of the trunks?
Gint
Oh that's hand sanded for sure. Which car is that Craig?
MattR
Dead sexy...

You could leave it like that and go for the DeLorean look!
GWN7
Just clear coat it as is smile.gif
boxstr
Hand sanded, no trunk pics, front trunk had a/c center hole filled, new used piece. Rear trunk has had a new Restoration Design piece added because of rust holes.
Mike this is the 74 six conversion, it has been sitting waiting for 2 years. I let it sit since I didn't have a real sense of urgence to get it done, now I want to get it painted and drive it.
CCLINFORGOTTENSIX
Gint
Mike this is the 74 six conversion, it has been sitting waiting for 2 years.

The black one?

I let it sit since I didn't have a real sense of urgence to get it done, now I want to get it painted and drive it.

I know how that feels.
boxstr
This is the car I bought in Seattle for $5500, it was originally a black 74 914-4. Rust free, yes I mean rust free, and extremely well done conversion.
CCLINYOURFIRED
Gint
I remember it. I was right behind you trying to buy it. Too little, too late for me though.
rhodyguy
the marysville car. i called on it. wasn't smog exempt when it ran in the autotrader. when does it leave camp914 for the spray booth?

kevin
Bruce Allert
Craig, does Camp914 have a new location? Doesn't look like the Oregon City digs anymore!

............b
Porsche Rescue
Bruce, remember the green barn off to the right as you drive in? And guess what? He already has it filled! Nice place.
Jim
4WheelDrifter
Nice! aktion035.gif What color?

So hand sanding is the way to go. Any tips on removing undercoating? Heatgun? Any other stripping tips? A 914 I'm looking to pick up appears pretty solid (Hell hole is near perfect, etc) but could use a good resto. Plan driving it for the summer and restoring it over the winter (and probably into next summer and the next winter and......).

Thanks. blink.gif
Katmanken
I'm impressed!

Not many dings or dents on that bad boy!

Looks collision free too!

Bare shiny metal tells the tale.

Ken
boxstr
Dan Root, from Marysville, that is the car. I was planning to tow dolly it up today to Battleground Wa. but it is raining and is suppoesed to keep raining for the next week or two, "it's what keep's Oregon green". So I am going to call the painter and see what he suggests.
The car is collision free, zero bondo, and zero rust. Stripping by hand is the best way to go, labor intensive, but I also like the media blasting technique, others don't, it is a personal preference. I have done both, dipping ,unfortunately left some chemicals hidden ad they didn';t show up until after painted and assembled.
Undercoating in the interior should be removed with a heat gun and scraper and plenty of time to do the job.
Bruce CAMP 914 is in the same location just different building, much larger and everything will be under one nonleaky roof.
I will keep you posted with pics and comments as the black six finally gets going.
CCLINDAMPCAMP914
rhodyguy
back to black?

kevin
Andyrew
I must say that is one clean body!! Bare medal and no body filler or any imperfection. And the work it would take to get it their.. wow.

I clap you!

clap56.gif
boxstr
Aaron drove over today from Vancouver USA, and he returned a few parts and purchased a few parts. The stripped and naked six is poised on the tow dolly for a dry trip to Washougal Wash. where I dropped it off at the painters, for a Basic Back to Black. A few holes will need filling and it will be done with lead.
I can't wait to finally get this car finished and start the reassembly process.
CCLINDAMPCAMP
boxstr
Picture I took just before leaving CAMP, fortunately it remainded dry all the way up and back.
CCLINSHADOWPLAY
Bruce Allert
Holy Cow Craig, dat's a really fine artsy fartsy photo you done there smilie_pokal.gif good eye buddy..... good eye beer.gif

.........b
Porsche Rescue
I agree with Bruce. I think you just found your new avatar.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.