IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

tradisrad
I say memorex due to the "late interior"
Tom_T
Where was it George? confused24.gif

... isn't this your 916 from the R&T 72 cover & "one of Eleven..." article? confused24.gif
JFJ914
Memorex, removable roof.
dw914er
memorex
Andyrew
No oil cooler cutout front bumper
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(John Jentz @ Sep 16 2010, 04:42 PM) *

Memorex, removable roof.

Yep. Too obvious.
tommy914
side parking lens and key in the wrong place.

fake..fake..fake.
avidfanjpl
George's has a white interior, and his is behind a glass wall, but this is interesting as a project car, even with all the other duly noted memorex items.

What is this going to sell for, George? Or is it a repair?

J
dlee6204
I'm going to take a wild guess and say this is the same car.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1971-porsch...50#ht_500wt_975
Drums66
...Broken wine glass
says it's real first.gif (sorry ella) shades.gif
brp986s
memorex - antenna in fender instead of in windshield
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(tommy914 @ Sep 16 2010, 04:51 PM) *

side parking lens and key in the wrong place.

fake..fake..fake.

The side lens isn't a good indicator since they were moved down and forward on 916s and GTs, just like on the pictured car.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
good call. The story is that Brumos did a six conversion on this car years and years ago with all factory parts. The guy died and the car was left out in the hot florida sun. We bought the car in the early 90s and already owning the 916 that came from Brumos and knowing that the factory color changed the 916 from white to silver, thought that it would be neat to convert this one to LOOK like our 916, so that is what we did, exactly duplicating everything that you see. It was a great job because we of course, had the original here to compare.
Several years later my brother sold it to a guy in California for 24,500. He drove and showed it and then sold it to a guy in Illinois who sold it to his brother who just sold it back to us!

QUOTE(dlee6204 @ Sep 16 2010, 02:03 PM) *

I'm going to take a wild guess and say this is the same car.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1971-porsch...50#ht_500wt_975

Andyrew
So george, why not do some of the obvious changes? Like the front bumper cutout..

Also does the 916 really have the key in the -4 location? Or did you not want fix that little detail..

And if you guys did the bodywork, why not fix the hideous fitment of the rear bumper-fender?

Not to be nit picky.. biggrin.gif
bcheney
George, If you bought it for his early "buy it now price" you got a great deal on getting it back! I looked at it on ebay over the last week or so and had been watching it. I remembered seeing it at AA back in the 90's. When I saw it pop on ebay I thought....I wonder if that's the Brumos story car! Glad to see you got it back...very cool little car. The only downer is that the flares are glass sad.gif
dlee6204
So if they don't get 40 cars for MUSR are you going to drive this one instead? poke.gif
bandjoey
QUOTE(dlee6204 @ Sep 16 2010, 06:11 PM) *

So if they don't get 40 cars for MUSR are you going to drive this one instead? poke.gif

NOT 'cause the 40 will come and since this one is such an obvious fake, he's going to send it to me so I can dispose of it properly. happy11.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
It drives great though! Drove it home tonight.

QUOTE(bandjoey @ Sep 16 2010, 05:53 PM) *

QUOTE(dlee6204 @ Sep 16 2010, 06:11 PM) *

NOT 'cause the 40 will come and since this one is such an obvious fake, he's going to send it to me so I can dispose of it properly. happy11.gif

Drums66
...George light finger's slipped 1 by me! poke.gif
I agree with Andyrew......go all the way with it! bye1.gif
RFoulds
That one was on my Ebay Watch list. Good deal.

charliew
So Todd says it was done in 2001?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.