Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brake regulator and locations
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bcheney
Does anyone have a picture of where early 70-73 brake regulators are mounted on the lower firewall? I have a six conversion and have been convinced by Eric Shea to relocate the regulator vs. using a T-fitting since it can't stay in it's original place on a 75 car. I just want to see a pic of the early location. Eric mentioned you can use an early regulator that has the output fittings at the top vs. where they are on a 75 and just use early hard lines as well.
bcheney
If anyone has a picture of an early 1970-73 car so I can see where the brake regulator mounts I would very much appreciate it smile.gif
type47
Click to view attachment
Mike Bellis
here's some more, kinda hard to see...

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
bcheney
Thanks for the pics type47 and kg6dxn…That’s great news. Looks like it’s high enough that it can be through-bolted…I was hoping for that so I didn’t have to weld a stud or worry about bolting through the double wall in that area. Now all I have to come up with is an early regulator and a pair of early hard lines!
Eric_Shea
Mine:
IPB Image
r_towle
What is up with the dirt next to the shifter rod?
Getting lazy are we?
Rich
Eric_Shea
Wurth overspray... gotta get to that. Thanks for the reminder.
SLITS
Wusseys .... I use a "T" and I'm still faster than Salmon Boy! poke.gif

grouphug.gif
MDG
Eric, is this Chris Foley's (Tangerine) reinforcing kit I circled below? I was thinking about these for my 3.2 car.

Click to view attachment
Eric_Shea
No. It was custom fabbed. Get Chris' kit. Less money in the long run. It wasn't available at the time.
Eric_Shea
Wusseys .... I use a "T" and I'm still faster than Salmon Boy!

We don't care if you smack a tree. tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.