Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914/6 R/C body
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Member Vendors
john914/4
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentwith a lot of tracking down and finally going to e-bay in Germany I came across a very excelent 914 R/C body. I purchaced it through the german e-bay website and not knowing a bit of german just working the site as I do in the US (the formats the same just german) I was able to purchace. Its totally a great looking car. Its going to be a great companion to my 1972 914. granted its a 6 but what the hell its a 914. I have a 4.. I have contacted the company in germany and waiting to hear back. if any interest I will post what I have found out. I will inclose a photo of the painted model. oh by the way it comes with decals for the lights etc. and they are outstanding.
underthetire
There was just a group buy on them. RJMII (jim) just mailed mine yesterday.
john914/4
QUOTE(underthetire @ Sep 16 2010, 02:52 PM) *

Oh okey I was not aware. I looked around the site and did not see anything. Now my quetion is where can i purchace them here in the states. I would like another. thanks for the reply.
RJMII
QUOTE(john914/4 @ Sep 16 2010, 04:56 PM) *

Oh okey I was not aware. I looked around the site and did not see anything. Now my quetion is where can i purchace them here in the states. I would like another. thanks for the reply.

I bought a couple of extras, just in case. smile.gif

I'm contemplating scanning the one I bought for me, building a vacuum table, milling a plug, and making them. I'm not sure what kind of issues I'll run into yet for copying it, though. So I'm still contemplating it.
underthetire
QUOTE(RJMII @ Sep 26 2010, 01:37 PM) *

QUOTE(john914/4 @ Sep 16 2010, 04:56 PM) *

I'm contemplating scanning the one I bought for me, building a vacuum table, milling a plug, and making them. I'm not sure what kind of issues I'll run into yet for copying it, though. So I'm still contemplating it.

"if" you decide to do it, can you please make them a little longer. Not sure of the exact wheel base but I can get it. Those bodies are very limited on chassis, and i would sure like to get it on a team chassis.
mepstein
I saw one done with glued on magnets instead of posts to hold on the body. Nice!
djm914-6
QUOTE(RJMII @ Sep 26 2010, 04:37 PM) *

I pulled a mold from one of the first group buy cars that had better mold lines and details. I'd like to make a few changes too as there are a lot of details miccing that would be easy to replicate. I think a narrow body car would be really nice to. Making it a 200mm shell would open the market up a lot.
RJMII
I'd like to make a few changes too as there are a lot of details missing that would be easy to replicate.

Which details?
djm914-6
QUOTE(RJMII @ Sep 28 2010, 10:58 AM) *

I'd like to make a few changes too as there are a lot of details missing that would be easy to replicate.

Which details?

Roof line, headlight eyebrows, bumper tops, etc. Then there's the whell opening. The one that's molded in is crappy. Look at the Martini car I did, the wheel opening is much more to scale.

I had attempted to vacuum form an interior piece but at the time I didn't have enough vacuum draw. Making the roof optional would be nice too.
rnellums
Any mor progress on this? I'm thinking about springing for a kit and body, but dont want to jump on it if something better is just around the bend. Plus M04L kits seem to be getting harder to find...
steveherman
QUOTE(rnellums @ Dec 9 2010, 09:58 PM) *

Any mor progress on this? I'm thinking about springing for a kit and body, but dont want to jump on it if something better is just around the bend. Plus M04L kits seem to be getting harder to find...

these will fit on any tamiya m-chassis
the m-chassis is available fin front wheel and rear wheel
m03 m04 and m05 are the ones readily available
i personally like the m05pro blue edition
underthetire
QUOTE(steveherman @ Dec 10 2010, 11:32 PM) *

QUOTE(rnellums @ Dec 9 2010, 09:58 PM) *

these will fit on any tamiya m-chassis
the m-chassis is available fin front wheel and rear wheel
m03 m04 and m05 are the ones readily available
i personally like the m05pro blue edition

Still available yes, Tower Hobbies still has them. I would still like to see the longer wheel base though. Getting it on a more racing type chassis would be great, the Tamiya stuff is OK, but they seem to go for more scale than performance.
RJMII
I have a couple of the bodies left from the M chassis size body group buy.

The new bodies are going to be bumped to next winter, we seem to have lost our house that we were trying to buy (and the garage we were planning on using to be building these). (long story and too many details that break the rules here).

rnellums
Sorry to hear about that. Good Luck finding a new place!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.