Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Creamsicle in my neighborhood
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
swl
Lunchroom conversation this week:

Friend: hey my neigbour got a new porsche you should see. White one. He says it is very rare. Has an orange strip and kinda orange in the wheel wells.

Me: oh? (he has my attention)

Friend: I think he said it was a 74

Me: ohhhh?

Friend: I think he said it was 944

Me: perhaps a 914?

Friend: Yeah that's it! a 914!

Long story short there is a guy living within walking distance of my house with a cremesicle. Dropped in to chat this morning. Great guy - amazing collection of Porsches. The car is in fantastic shape. A few minor issues but solid and beautiful.

He is bringing it up to spec good and proper. Lots of new rubber. Working on gaps ...

Nice to have a fellow addict around.

I think he is on the board already somewhere. So I'll let him do the VIN/pics thing.
Drums66
...coinky.dink's, like that always blow my mind?
(right on!) idea.gif bye1.gif
PanelBilly
Ask him what he paid for it and if he was looking for it or if the purchase was a spur of the moment purchase.
swl
I'll let him provide the details. It was an E-Bay purchase but the car was in Toronto so I think that might have scared off some potential buyers in the States - even though it was a Cali car originally. Lets just say he stole the car.

Certainly was not an impulse buy. This guy has an 85 Carrerra and a 944-s2. He knows what he likes :-)
davep
Let me know the VIN please; we need the info for the LE registry.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.