Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: speeding ticket POLL, 914 events only
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
orange914
it seems many runs seem to attract at least one ticket. driving.gif

thought it would be fun to list the crazies piratenanner.gif

post your speed, where you on twisties, freeway or just not thinking in a school zone? chair.gif

olympic914.jpg irish914.jpg andy914.jpg aubergine914.jpg betty914.jpg blue914.jpg creamsicle914.jpg fuchia914.jpg grasshopper914.jpg ravenna914.jpg red914.jpg silver914.jpg white914.jpg signal914.jpg
dw914er
Never got a ticket in the 914. smile.gif.... knock on wood*

I've been pulled over, but it's usually because of a late night 'scratch and sniff.'
Mark Henry
Poll is f'ed up you have to pick something in both speed over and warning poll. I'm a man so no whining or begging, but I do stop.
ConeDodger
I have been on a TON of drives and can only recall one speeding ticket. That of course was on the Dog Days Drive in August...
RJMII
I've only been pulled over in my 914 because my tail light fuses kept falling out.

Thanks to Engman's fuse panel, this has been solved permanently. smile.gif Where's his link...
avidfanjpl
I actually had disconnected the speedo as the cable was dry and the needle was jumping, and I told him I just got it out of the shop and needed to go back to get it reconnected. Sunday after a Pennsylvania PCA AX.

This was in 1979 on 287 near the 206 in Joizey.

He let me go after 10 minutes of begging and me pulling the cable out from on top of the tranny where it was tied with a couple of tiewraps.

Greasy pleading, but it was better than a ticket.

14 months later, I left NJ with 12 points in too short a time, went to Virginia to see the folks on a weekday and got a no questions asked VA license. Took it to St. Louis and never looked back.

Neither did the VA or Missouri DMV boys. That was some feat to have a clean license after 6 years of tickets in a car unfriendly state, NJ.

John
Brando
Never got pulled over at a 914 event. I got a ticket once on the way back from a PCA event long long ago.
zx-niner
All my tickets over the last 15 years have been on motorcycles. I don't quite feel the need for speed in a car when the bike can do 0-60 or 80-100 in the blink of an eye. Plus I usually travel with a speed regulator in the 914-- my wife.
Tom_T
QUOTE(dw914er @ Sep 18 2010, 02:04 PM) *

Never got a ticket in the 914. smile.gif.... knock on wood*

On the other hand, I've had many woodies in the 914 back in the day, as well as tickets! biggrin.gif

In my 20's I got within a point or two of the ole suspension game back in the late 70's - freeway, twisties, city streets (dang thing just loved to rev - doncha know), but the problem went away in 1980 after I painted it the Anthracite/Dark Grey Metallic "Pavement Cammo" in the avatar, from the Copper Metallic I painted it in 76 - apparently too bright a color like ORANGE!!!! dry.gif

BTW - being polite - "yes ocifer, no ocifer, really!? ... it was that fast ocifer!" never worked for me, but other buddies got away with stuff all the time just being polite!
nbscooters
i am not at liberty to say
Gint
It occurs to me now that I've never been pulled over in a 914. Which is shocking, because I'm almost always driving mine like I stole it.
SLITS
+40 .... 80+ (still accelerating) in a 40 zone / mountain roads ... $400

But I was in 1st place first.gif

The Polezi did not find this amusing. After about 40 minutes of being berated and threatened with impounding and jail, he wrote the ticket and told me to "cool" it.
jt914-6
No tickets in a 914, but some stories.....Doing a test drive in a 914 when I was a Porsche mechanic, took a turn close to the shop really fast, didn't see cops, pulled into dealership with three cops in tow.
Pulled over in Salt Lake when I lived there for meeting a cop with my bright lights on...been drinking..told him that with the motorized headlights they didn't always come up to the same position...he bought it..
Pulled over by a Utah State police for speeding and traded him a Autoweek magazine for not getting a ticket.... biggrin.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(RJMII @ Sep 18 2010, 07:38 PM) *

I've only been pulled over in my 914 because my tail light fuses kept falling out.

Thanks to Engman's fuse panel, this has been solved permanently. smile.gif Where's his link...

Got pulled over 5 times in one night but never received a ticket, wasn't on a run though.
MartyYeoman
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Sep 18 2010, 03:38 PM) *

I have been on a TON of drives and can only recall one speeding ticket. That of course was on the Dog Days Drive in August...

Shusssssssssssssssssshup shades.gif
orange914

maybe there is something to the negitive state funding and more tickets being handed out
QUOTE(Marty Yeoman @ Sep 19 2010, 08:19 AM) *

Shusssssssssssssssssshup shades.gif

at the dog day run, i didn't get to look at your motor, but that was one of the sweetest/smooth sounding 914's i've heard

mike
Borderline
We keep the LPR autocross trailer at our house and my wife tows the trailer with our van. I usually lead the procession in my 914 and drive excruciatingly slow to keep her in sight in my mirrors. However she saved me from getting 2 tickets last Sunday. CHP with radar on the side of the road coming and going. I'm sure I would have gotten at least one ticket if not 2 if she hadn't have been there. I love my wife!! biggrin.gif
Drums66
never been even stopped.......close to 20 years of driving 914 biggrin.gif driving.gif
bye1.gif bye1.gif pray.gif

BTW.....can't say that about any other car I own !!
underthetire
Please sir, will you give me a chance to use better judgment next time. biggrin.gif

Not pleading, not saying I was wrong, and letting the cop think he has all the authority. Worked twice for me so far.
jsayre914
2 months ago was my first in the 914. I also dont have my speedo hooked up. Highway, with other cars i was selected shades.gif Cop said i was going 88 in a 65. 350 bucks sad.gif

Who knew confused24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.