Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mid South PCA AutoCross Memphis
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GTPatrick

Went to the PCA autocross looking to see if any local 914's would be there . Nada one showed up , Not even Ken or Hot Shoe were there .

About 14 cars were there , the usual Porsches , a MR2 , a Honda , Corvette , aone of those Dodge Magnum wagons and even a Chrysler 300 ! Even some kid on his go cart was there .

Oh well , didn't stay long and left after an hour because of no 914's . There's another event next month . BTW they usedpart of one of the old closed down runways another old runway or taxiway . The course was rather long and looked to be somewhat challenging . There was also a small crowd of workers and drivers from a local Truck Hauling company beside the autocross who sat in the shade of one of the truck trailers and watched the car show . They seemed to enjoy watching it .

Ciao for now . aktion035.gif

GTP shades.gif
Mike Bellis
I was stationed there in the Marine Corps around 1990. I love that part of the country. We used to go to the drag strip and watch KRE (Kawell Racing Engines) turbo Squareback run 8 sec quarter miles. It would smoke all the V8 guys. Good times.
jt914-6
Come on down to Little Rock tomorrow at War Memorial stadium and see two 914s race....Ron (Pcar916) will be there and J. Jackson who placed third at the Nationals will be there too..... driving.gif
QUOTE(GTPatrick @ Sep 18 2010, 07:32 PM) *

Not even Ken or Hot Shoe were there .

WTF.gif Local pCa had an AX and we weren't invited huh.gif

Just kidding poke.gif

Haven't heard from you in a while there John. Hope the back is holding up and sorry I missed ya at Millington. Have been running SCCA regularly and hate to rag the ole girl out anymore than that. I went to the first couple of the season but have not been out since April or May.

Shoe's (orange car) is actually on JS's in my garage right now. Put in a full day's worth of work on her yesterday and hope (My WIFE hopes) she is back on the road this afternoon.

If ya can come back out this next wkend to millington, There is a 2 day SCCA event and both Shoe and I will be there good Lord willing! Gotta keep my points lead over the 93 FD in SSM and Shoe will be running CS. He has a comfortable lead there.

Are you still looking for a car? Also hope you can meet for dinner on the Wed night before MUSR.

Talk at ya later
Ken bye1.gif
J P Stein
Intermittent rain in Portland. SCCA with only 71 entries.
It's a dirty job for a 914 but somebodies gotta do it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
1m FRUN 41 Britain Smith 74 Porsche 914 40.696
2m SMF 98 Allan Zacharda 06 Mini Cooper S 41.459
3m SMF 198 Becky Zacharda 07 Mini Cooper S 41.832
4m SS 21 Steve Barnes 03 Corvette Z06 42.258
5m FRUN 98 Tom Kotzian 06 Mini Cooper S 42.559
6m BS 21 Chuck Spittal 91 Corvette 43.055
7m XP 41 Britain Smith 74 Porsche 914/6 43.439
8m SMF 196 Shane Kienholz 08 Honda Civic 43.778
9m SS 121 James Shepherd 03 Corvette Z06 43.907
10m SMF 13 Perry Keller 90 Honda Civic 44.195
GTPatrick
Ken ,

I had hoped that there would've geen some 914's yesterday but nada . Can't make the SCCA gig becuase I have to work that weeekend . It's a paycheck thing . Still have to get rid of the Caddy CTS and get my Fiero back on the road before I add to the herd .

Send me a pm with your phone number .

BTW , do you know from my other posting who that lime green 914 belongs to here in the Bartlett area ???

GTP aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.