Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Team Narp Kicking BUTT!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
avidfanjpl
Speaks for itself. He saved on weight by even not having a battery, or any sheet metal in the trunks!

GO TEAM NARP! OC ROCKS!

Joe, What a car!

1 year ago, a tub with not much else going on, now no one can catch them!

John

Click to view attachment

Brando
Hot damn! Lookin good, last time I saw that beast was about 2 months ago. Still need a driver Joe?
rick 918-S
Need more information.... popcorn[1].gif
Andyrew
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Sep 18 2010, 08:56 PM) *

Need more information.... popcorn[1].gif

agree.gif
avidfanjpl
Joe had 2 of his drivers running the car. They ran in 2 classes, but did not intend to and won both with low to mid 70 second times.

Joe is the team manager, and owner, but his back prevents him from driving it HARD.

Still, Thomas and Jim? ran the pants off the competition.

The car sounded awesome with that 3.0L 6, and almost no internal sheetmetal, replaced by tubular steel.

I worked corners and the car went by so fast it was shocking that it had no body roll at all. NONE.

Even GT3's have some roll. This was flat.

I went and ordered Bilstein sports and am deciding on spring strength to get installed BEFORE next AX in OCR.

They were awesome, and not that loud, as they had a Banana with 2 exhaust pipes on it.

John
Rotary'14
Woo Hoo for team Narp & Joe!!
piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif

Do I sense a victory BBQ? (hint hint)
-Robert
914 shifter
QUOTE(avidfanjpl @ Sep 18 2010, 08:50 PM) *

Joe had 2 of his drivers running the car. They ran in 2 classes, but did not intend to and won both with low to mid 70 second times.

Joe is the team manager, and owner, but his back prevents him from driving it HARD.

Still, Thomas and Jim? ran the pants off the competition.

The car sounded awesome with that 3.0L 6, and almost no internal sheetmetal, replaced by tubular steel.

I worked corners and the car went by so fast it was shocking that it had no body roll at all. NONE.

Even GT3's have some roll. This was flat.

I went and ordered Bilstein sports and am deciding on spring strength to get installed BEFORE next AX in OCR.

They were awesome, and not that loud, as they had a Banana with 2 exhaust pipes on it.

John i wonder if they have any pics of the tubular steel mod.

qa1142
What classes? Is this SCCA. PCA?

Joe, love to see a thread on this car might be the kind of ax I need for the GT boys KMA.gif
rick 918-S
beerchug.gif first.gif first.gif
EdwardBlume
There must be a mistake... only 911s win races....
J P Stein
clap56.gif
avidfanjpl
PCA Zone 8 AX counting for points.

Joe and TEAM NARP had some wild class stuff going on.

They were in 2 classes - A/M and A/I, but the AI classing was erroneous, and Joe howled at the awards meeting!

Truly, they thought they should be:

A/Modified - They won. There were 3 cars entered, I think.

They kicked everyone's ass, except 2 cars in about 70 or 80 cars. A stupifyingly fast C5 1999 Corvette, and Steve Eguina's RS2, which is almost uncontrollable.

We had about 5 914's there. Joe's Black Rocket, Orangina, Joe's driver Jim? had his ABSOLUTELY SPANKING GREEN 914-6 3.0, which I have serious lust for, then a young guy with a 74 Signal Yellow 2.0 that was refitted with a 1.7, after he blew it up earlier in his ownership.

He made it into my class C S/S, but I did win by 3 seconds. He was learning, had about 4 laps with an instructor, and I need shocks and springs, after 38 years, but I will do so this next 2 weeks. He broke 95 first, then I broke it on 5 practice laps and all 4 timed laps. My best was 91.804. And I was able to make 4th gear at 5000 rpm on the long back straight.

And we had a Zambezi Green 1975, but he left early and did not compete.

PCA OCR is next October 17th at 6500 Marine Way in El Toro.

Come kick some 911 ass, please!

I may break into a lower ET with the new suspension stuff, as I had some body roll, but ALL the 911's are faster than me by at least 2 seconds.

My mechanic goes to work on the 28th on the suspension.

Asking 2 questions in the next thread.

John
avidfanjpl
Next OCR AX I will get Joe's pics with the front and rear trunks off. And the interior and engine bay. You can see the whole drivetrain with the rear trunk and lid off.

It is INSPIRING!

Dope that I am, I stood and drooled and forgot my $1K photo rig around my neck!

Ain't aging a biatch?

John
Elliot Cannon
The car doesn't look like it's going very fast. Must be T H O M A S driving. driving-girl.gif av-943.gif
avidfanjpl
Thomas had fastest time for this car.

You must know him!

His accent was thick enough that I had to pay attention to truly hear him.

He was below 75 second consistently, but he did eat a cone on my team's corner work.

I did see it fly, but coming into the fastest corner, corner 8, there was so much rubber coming off the wheels that it was like a cloud of BLACK FLYS!

And yes, the younger driver Jim? was also way below 80 seconds, but Thomas was scary fast!

I want to drive THAT car!

John
proto31
John, thanks for all the pics and info. Joe, Thomas and I all had a blast, the car ran great! We're just starting to adjust it, Joe changed the tire pressure for the first time since the tires were mounted... We need to work on the shift linkage, we were starting off in second each time. We also need to take some of the camber out, the outsides of the tires were not heating up nearly as much. It was fun to see all the 911 guys with their 1/4 million dollar toys coming by to look at Joe's car biggrin.gif

Dan
pete-stevers
Is that 3.0 a stocker or did joe hop it up??
J P Stein
Be advised that Bilstein Sports are valved for a car much heavier than that one.
If you already have some Bils, you can send then to Bilstein West (Poway, CA.)
and have them valved to suit the car & it's usage.......70 bucks or so each,+ parts.

So, whatcha' gonna do for springs? My old car is about 100 lbs heavier (last I heard from Joe) than Joe's. There are about 4 914s on the West Coast in your weight catagory....I built one. biggrin.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(pete-stevers @ Sep 20 2010, 07:48 AM) *

Is that 3.0 a stocker or did joe hop it up??

Stocker with CIS removed (he couldn't handle it) and carbs.
sean_v8_914
top 10? maybe its time for 10jreen to ride the bull again
wanna know how fast it is? let Evan drive it.
brilliantrot
Appreciate the kudos Sean. The car certainly looks fast but needs some further development though as I took it down in a stockish 2400lb '75 911 on skinnier tires. Results can be found here http://www.pcaocr.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=96 . If you really want to know how fast it is, have Dave Palmquist drive it (though he does not have any mid-engined experience). I had him as my co-driver at this last event and I learned a lot from him. Hands down the best get in any car and pull off a blazing fast run of any driver I know personally, though Ken Motonishi is a close second. The best thing about Dave though is he is really really good at telling you what he is doing, what the car was doing, and why. It was truly an enlightening day.
JoeSharp
Evans right. We are at the very beginning of a very steep learning curve. Thomas talks to Dave all the time and I'm sure he'd love to have Dave in the car. I'm for anything that will make them quicker.
avidfanjpl
Hi Dan!

I am sorry I said you were Jim! You are the young one! That alone and the GREEN 914-6 make me jealous beyond belief!

I am never going to get over that you have that 914, and you get to drive Team NARP all in one lifetime!

I can burn them all to a disc if someone gives me an address.

The ones on the OCR site are way small.

Warm regards,

John
grantsfo
QUOTE(brilliantrot @ Sep 20 2010, 06:20 PM) *

Appreciate the kudos Sean. The car certainly looks fast but needs some further development though as I took it down in a stockish 2400lb '75 911 on skinnier tires. Results can be found here http://www.pcaocr.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=96 . If you really want to know how fast it is, have Dave Palmquist drive it (though he does not have any mid-engined experience). I had him as my co-driver at this last event and I learned a lot from him. Hands down the best get in any car and pull off a blazing fast run of any driver I know personally, though Ken Motonishi is a close second. The best thing about Dave though is he is really really good at telling you what he is doing, what the car was doing, and why. It was truly an enlightening day.

Wow! Dave got that chopped up 914 by over a second in your old tired 911 street car? Whew! he must have been flying or that 914 needs major sorting!
brilliantrot
Well Dave was flying in my car. The 914 is far from slow but needs some sorting/chassis reinforcement to reach its full potential. I should add that my 911 isn't all that tired (it just looks it) and was on A6 Hoosiers so even though they were only 205s it does stick pretty good.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.