Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Geography Help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nikojo
This is a 2.0 914 Engine which has been modified for full flow with remote oil filter and remote oil cooler. I'm a bit new to the type 4 engine and am looking for more information.

The oil temp sensor was originally "t-eed" with the oil pressure sensor near the take off for the oil cooler. I want to mount it somewhere else. I'm considering a taco plate but would like to avoid if possible.

I've attached a few pics. There is a block off plate (orange). I'm assuming this was for the integrated screw on oil filter......is this correct??

Right below that area there are what appear to be two case plugs that were replaced with screw plugs.

I was wondering where the lower plug goes, ie is this a good place for oil temp sensor?? Does this go into a passage for the oil filter from the pump??

Thanks for any help.Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Cap'n Krusty
"Modified for full flow"? I'm under the impression the oil filtration in a stock engine IS full flow.

The Cap'n
nikojo
I took out the plug and it turns out it is an "adapter" with a threaded hole for an M10. Maybe someone used this as a sender site before?

This connect directly to the channel going from the oil pump to where the screw on oil filter was so seems like perfect spot for oil temp reading.

I found a VDO sender that is M10 so I will use that in the adapter and put it back together.
McMark
Put the oil temp sensor where it belongs - at the bottom of the sump. There is a version of the taco plate that has a mounting boss for a temp sensor.

Read this thread.
realred914
QUOTE(nikojo @ Sep 19 2010, 12:46 PM) *

This is a 2.0 914 Engine which has been modified for full flow with remote oil filter and remote oil cooler. I'm a bit new to the type 4 engine and am looking for more information.

The oil temp sensor was originally "t-eed" with the oil pressure sensor near the take off for the oil cooler. I want to mount it somewhere else. I'm considering a taco plate but would like to avoid if possible.

I've attached a few pics. There is a block off plate (orange). I'm assuming this was for the integrated screw on oil filter......is this correct??

Right below that area there are what appear to be two case plugs that were replaced with screw plugs.

I was wondering where the lower plug goes, ie is this a good place for oil temp sensor?? Does this go into a passage for the oil filter from the pump??

Thanks for any help.Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

where did youget the block off plate for the stock oil filter holder? I am loking for one, but wnat one with holes tapped for in and out oil lines?

thanks

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.