Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What should Area51Werks do with this car?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rick 918-S
I was holding off on fixing this car

Click to view attachment

because I didn't have a title.I figured if I didn't have a title by this fall I was going to pull what I could off the car and scrap the rest. Well I did end up with a title of sorts. I still need to get it transfered but at least for now the car has a stay of execution.

OK, so like I need to start another project... But I have these cool wheels. I have had this project in the back of my mind ever since I first saw these wheels. Regardless of the direction I will be using these wheels and painting it Raspberry.

Click to view attachment

I had my used tires mounted on them for mockup purposes. The tires are 225/50/16's and 255/50/16's.

Here's one idea:

Click to view attachment

My other idea is a flared steel roof shop truck. Can someone photo shop one so we can see what it would look like in Raspberry with a black front lid.
scotty b
My other idea is a flared steel roof shop truck poke.gif poke.gif
rick 918-S
I have the flares and the roof... idea.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Sep 19 2010, 04:12 PM) *

I have the flares and the roof... idea.gif

Flared Pickup - brilliant - where on earth (or outer space in your case) did that idea come from?? idea.gif
carr914
Rick I voted H-6 w/ Flared Pick-up, because if you do just a flare job , you have to do a super-wide version with those wheels and I've always wanted to do a pick-up, so you'll beat me to it

Click to view attachment
Andyrew
Rick,

I vote flared truck w/ a subi six..

Its going to have to be reliable and your probably going to put some miles on it right? I really think a suby six is your best answer for that.. (Unless you want to be german like me and put an Audi/VW 2.8 FWD setup under it.. You could even go automatic...)
Rotary'14
If it's a truck I say it should be a diesel!! VW or Audi 1.8 turbo clean diesel,,,,, I think this world really needs a diesel 914 alien. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
I know you're not allergic to radiators,, and you got MAD skills,,,,, only thing is you gotta chop up that pristine front trunk.

-Robert
Kansas 914
QUOTE(carr914 @ Sep 19 2010, 03:43 PM) *

Rick I voted H-6 w/ Flared Pick-up, because if you do just a flare job , you have to do a super-wide version with those wheels and I've always wanted to do a pick-up, so you'll beat me to it

Click to view attachment

T. C.

That is the very picture I sent Rick when he left my house with his better 'berry car on the trailer.

I too am in the dream stage of a pickup - just don't have the fabrication skills to pull it off. I keep that picture on my desktop to drool over... drooley.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Sep 19 2010, 05:42 PM) *

QUOTE(carr914 @ Sep 19 2010, 03:43 PM) *

Click to view attachment

T. C.

That is the very picture I sent Rick when he left my house with his better 'berry car on the trailer.

I too am in the dream stage of a pickup - just don't have the fabrication skills to pull it off. I keep that picture on my desktop to drool over... drooley.gif

Can someone with photo shop skills put the wheels on the truck and change the color?

Here's the rear wheel and tire. I'm not sure how close the angle is.

Click to view attachment

Here's the front.

Click to view attachment
Mike Bellis
You need to think bigger!

Dual front steering axles, all wheel drive turbo!

Click to view attachment

aktion035.gif
swood
pretty lame, but maybe enough to make the point.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(swood @ Sep 19 2010, 08:40 PM) *

pretty lame, but maybe enough to make the point.

That's pretty cool! Thanks! biggrin.gif

Make it Raspberry!
McMark
Okay... sunglasses.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(McMark @ Sep 19 2010, 09:40 PM) *

Okay... sunglasses.gif

Thanks Mark! That is kind of freaking even me out... wacko.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Sep 19 2010, 07:44 PM) *

QUOTE(McMark @ Sep 19 2010, 09:40 PM) *

Okay... sunglasses.gif

Thanks Mark! That is kind of freaking even me out... wacko.gif

Wow! Is there any doubt? That would be an instant classic. Just do it!

Oh yeah, I wonder how it would look with Raspberry centers on the Pedrinis?
EdwardBlume
Would you regret altering a rare car later?

If not, DO WHAT YOU WANT!!!!!!!!!
trent1542
Flared pickup with flat six!

keep/use a manual transmission too!
swood
poke.gif

Boboli914
QUOTE(swood @ Sep 19 2010, 09:21 PM) *

poke.gif

av-943.gif
iamchappy
I was gonna say make it a kegerator and grill but if your to go through this much trouble....... beerchug.gif smash.gif sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif
bandjoey
That's the pickup!!! With Barney hub caps!!! av-943.gif
iamchappy
dry.gif
iamchappy
All done for now
Click to view attachment
smoke.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Sep 19 2010, 01:58 PM) *
IPB Image

For some reason, i really like this picture. I think the black hood and the flares make it all work with the raspberry color.

I voted for GT clone with a /6 ...

first.gif Andy
rick 918-S
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Sep 20 2010, 11:35 AM) *

dry.gif

Cool! aktion035.gif I like the taillights and the reflector! idea.gif The black makes the Raspberry less stark and shocking. yikes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.