Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: And then this happened....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
VaccaRabite
Click to view attachment

Well. Huh. Look at that.

I guess we DID have a good time at ECC.

More info will be forthcoming.

Zach (probably an idiot, but only 1/2 an idiot.)
avidfanjpl
Zach!

Did you buy this to build a racecar?

What would you power it with?

John
GTPatrick

Use the Force Luke to Power it . shades.gif

GTP smoke.gif
bandjoey
Hay Zach. Someone stole your wheels and bumpers! biggrin.gif
Cool paint though.
scotty b
Yup, team monkey fuckups is on the grid. We talked this over at the ECC, I got home last night and during my normal E-bay searches found this.....seemed like a sign. Now on with Zach and Scotty's autocross adventure.

Paint scheme is decided on, I have a 2.0 with 8,000 original miles on it ( dropped a valve ) to use. Not sure where we will go with that. I'm thinking maybe a 2015 confused24.gif This one just seemd too good to pass up, between the cage already in it, chassis kit on it, flares on it. Saves us ALOT of time building all of that. Time that neither of us has right now. I have an early 911 that has been a parts car, most likely it will be donating the front suspension and brakes. Time will tell. I have to go pick it up, asess the REAL state of the tub, and then we have a lot of decision making to do. driving.gif

monkeydance.gif monkeydance.gif

M#th*r f%ck$ng group buys..........It's better than waking up with the clap right ??? confused24.gif
VaccaRabite
Scott, I have a 2.0 case and rods too. We need to look at the rules and see what class we want to do. But I was thinking getting some 103 cast iron cylinders, and running stock 2.0 stroke. Maybe a web 86A cam, dual valve springs and have an engine that can rev higher then stock. Would heat soak on long drives, but for AX or maybe even short road car sessions I bet it would be fine. I don't have heads, we will have to see about what we want to do there. I am looking forwards to building another engine.

Also, I have that 5 lug setup I bought from Mike which is still at your shop. We can put that on the car too. I'm really excited about this.

Zach
rick 918-S
Wow! Very cool! Looks like a great start!
porsche4me
Put stock, rusty everything in it --- and race www.chumpcar.com I did the exact same thing - bought a rockin tub that was an ex-autocross car --- and bought a complete $400 parts car that rusted in 1/2 but had a 2.0 running -
porsche4me
pix
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(porsche4me @ Sep 20 2010, 08:04 AM) *

pix

Is this the car that Leamon sold?
hot_shoe914
The motor for my silver car that you have Scott is going to be about 200HP and 200Lbs of torque, might have to use it til you get my car ready. All new stuff, just needs assembly.

Shoe
sean_v8_914
no it is not
sean_v8_914
I was watching that ebay car...I liked it and look forward to seeing yall run it
pete-stevers
this is great!! i like the way you guys are thinkin!!!
wish i had the time!!
jsayre914
you guys are CRAZY cool!

Zach, dont you have 2 projects already? smile.gif
and Scotty dont you have 22+ projects?

This sounds like an awesome project guys!

first.gif
jcambo7
This is going to be good...popcorn[1].gif
mepstein
All us married guys can guess the way the conversation went when Zach got home.

Honey, I bought another project car. But don't worry, Scott and I already have the parts so it won't really cost us anything and we'll share the work so I'll have time for the family.

Zach's wife - Does Scott have an extra bed or are you guys going to share?

VaccaRabite
Erin actually liked the idea, so long as we keep it on a budget and I don't ask her to move her daily driver out of the garage. I am sure its going to live at Scotty's place at least at first, which will also insulate me a little. Out of sight, out of mind.

Zach
type47
Start getting your tow vehicle and trailer in line as it doesn't look like you will get license tags... Didn't Matt mention monthly Eastcoast tech sessions? Rod, you out there?
mepstein
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Sep 20 2010, 12:27 PM) *

Erin actually liked the idea, so long as we keep it on a budget and I don't ask her to move her daily driver out of the garage. I am sure its going to live at Scotty's place at least at first, which will also insulate me a little. Out of sight, out of mind.

Zach

Just having fun at your expense. If there are any extra parts from my car that you guys can use, they're yours. beerchug.gif
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(type47 @ Sep 20 2010, 11:39 AM) *

Start getting your tow vehicle and trailer in line as it doesn't look like you will get license tags... Didn't Matt mention monthly Eastcoast tech sessions? Rod, you out there?

The plan Scott and I were bouncing around at the airport Sunday was to use my m715 as the tow bitch. We can flat tow the 914 behind it for the time being, with race tires, tools, etc in the bed of the 715. It means me changing slightly my build plans for that vehicle, but won't be bad at all. I have a 10,000lbs hitch receiver to put on the 715. it will eat a lot of gas, but it will pull very easy. in time, we can get a trailer, but I doubt we would do harm flat towing the car to events. I already have a flat tow setup for my current 914. Would be nothing to put a tow bar receiver under the race car. I am going to get another set of wheels for my 715 and put road tires on them.

Scott also has a Suburban that would pull it w/o issues. But the paint scheme on the car is going to match the paint scheme I am putting on my M truck.

The nice thing with this car is that, between Scotty and I, we have most of the stuff we need to make it. I think we are going to need to work to free up more time then anything else.

Zach
Dr Evil
I see how it is, I wasn't even invited sad2.gif
zymurgist
That's because you have motorcycles to ride.
EdwardBlume
Congrats... going racing! smilie_pokal.gif

Look out 911 wine and cheesers.. there's a new car in town!
PeeGreen 914
I had looked at that car a few times in pictures. Look like a great chasis to work with. Good luck on the build guys beerchug.gif Can't wait to see what you do. piratenanner.gif
Root_Werks
Well now......this should be interesting. idea.gif
scotty b
No need to buy a trailer Zach, I already have one. As for a tow vehicle, we have your truck and that '03 Chevy van I told you about. I got some potentially good news on it today. We def need to get the details worked out together and start a new thread once I get it back here and hget some good pics and details. Any of you AX and DE guys that have advice feel free to chime in smile.gif I personally would like to build the car to do both. I have a couple sets of wheels lined up, and as Zach said, MOST of what we will need, we already have beerchug.gif save for the suspension upgrades
okieflyr
This is going to be fun! If your going to run both types of events, you may find that your tire and alignment needs will differ between the two for optimal performance.
All this after ONE auto-x though? You had better not try any crack, You might buy the lab av-943.gif !
Dr Evil
I am in and EvilWerks will sponsor this retarded endeavor screwy.gif
PeeGreen 914
confused24.gif Did you buy this? It's still listed on evilbay.

Never mind...it is not. I'm just a retard.
VaccaRabite
Yep, we bought it.

I am trying not to let my enthusiasm for this project run away with me. Trying...

Zach
Dr Evil
Money pit! smilie_pokal.gif Money pit! smilie_pokal.gif Money pit! smilie_pokal.gif

biggrin.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Sep 27 2010, 11:49 AM) *

Money pit! smilie_pokal.gif Money pit! smilie_pokal.gif Money pit! smilie_pokal.gif

biggrin.gif

happy11.gif
crash914
hmmmm I have all the parts off a 74 sitting here....engine, trans, etc....
saigon71
aktion035.gif

Congrats to all the proud owners!

You guys REALLY had a good time at the autocross...looking forward to seeing this thing on the track.

Bob
scotty b
Hi my name is Scott and I'm an addict. It has been 8 days since I bought my laast car and I'm starting to get that itch again. Oh wait I just commited to buying a van....

great....37....single........have no solid living quarters............and now I own a white van.....the puzzle is now complete.............. unsure.gif
FlatIV
QUOTE(scotty b @ Sep 27 2010, 08:07 PM) *

Hi my name is Scott and I'm an addict. It has been 8 days since I bought my laast car and I'm starting to get that itch again. Oh wait I just commited to buying a van....

great....37....single........have no solid living quarters............and now I own a white van.....the puzzle is now complete.............. unsure.gif

It isn't parked down by the river yet. Is it?

Andrew
RJMII
............and now I own a white van.....

Did you spray paint "Free Candy" on the side of it?
VaccaRabite
Rock. You were able to get the title stuff worked out on the van?

Are we getting together in November?

Zach
scotty b
It isn't parked down by the river yet. Is it?

No but the shop is only about 5 miles away from the river so there is a good chance it will happen soon.

Did you spray paint "Free Candy" on the side of it?

No, but I am considering DONKING it and getting Skittles to pay me for advertising, so ...........

Rock. You were able to get the title stuff worked out on the van?

Not that one. I found out a friend of mine that sold his HVAC business still had all of his vans. one is a 2003 1 ton that was his personal truck so it is in pretty good shape. Price was WAY cheap, and is about what I would have spent on the wrecked one, and this one only needs front brakes and ball joiunts to use aktion035.gif
Dr Evil
With that resume, all you need is a trench coat and a bag of candy.

You can live in the van, though.
ChrisFoley
Carbon Fiber will make it lighter/faster! smile.gif
This deck lid weighs in at 8.8lbs.

Click to view attachment

And the humps will give people something to talk about. biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
Brett W
Looks like the car Porsche Doc was selling. It is still in Knoxville I take it? Maybe we should go by an inspect it when I head to the MUSR 11.

PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Sep 28 2010, 06:14 AM) *

Carbon Fiber will make it lighter/faster! smile.gif
This deck lid weighs in at 8.8lbs.

Click to view attachment

And the humps will give people something to talk about. biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

What are those humps for Chris?

Have any more of those laying around?
Britain Smith
I know what those humps are for and I have considered doing the same to mine.

-Britain
scotty b
Why, they're lovely lady humps !!

Looks like the car Porsche Doc was selling. It is still in Knoxville I take it? Maybe we should go by an inspect it when I head to the MUSR 11.

Yup it's in Knoxville. If I can get things together dry.gif it won't be there by MUSR, but most likely it will still be sad.gif
DanT
QUOTE(scotty b @ Sep 20 2010, 04:31 PM) *

No need to buy a trailer Zach, I already have one. As for a tow vehicle, we have your truck and that '03 Chevy van I told you about. I got some potentially good news on it today. We def need to get the details worked out together and start a new thread once I get it back here and hget some good pics and details. Any of you AX and DE guys that have advice feel free to chime in smile.gif I personally would like to build the car to do both. I have a couple sets of wheels lined up, and as Zach said, MOST of what we will need, we already have beerchug.gif save for the suspension upgrades

I would suggest you get the car built, start with some known settings other folks have used with success (assuming the same basic suspension bits) and AX the car for an entire year or more before you go to the big track.
Much safer and cheaper venue to tune and get your "Buttometers" calibrated. biggrin.gif
good luck on the build.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(Britain Smith @ Sep 28 2010, 09:58 AM) *

-Britain

Good for you poke.gif Mind sharing with the rest of us ignorant bastards? confused24.gif
scotty b
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Sep 28 2010, 10:11 AM) *

QUOTE(Britain Smith @ Sep 28 2010, 09:58 AM) *

-Britain

Good for you poke.gif Mind sharing with the rest of us ignorant bastards? confused24.gif

Think hard Danielson..........
DanT
If you raise the suspension points enough you need to clearance the hood. biggrin.gif
those shapes just make the raised area more aerodynamic.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.