Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Something I was working on today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brer
Got to finish up a set of 2.0 heads today. This is a pair that only needed a bit of crack repair and were actually fairly easy to rebuild. Guides and seats were replaced first. Intakes were just out, but the exhausts were very close to some of the new guides I've used.

After seats are installed the chambers were run on the cnc mill. Running this program really highlights the variation in even virgin heads. Not only the basic shapes but also the depth of the chamber floors varies up to .050". The cutter milles the tops of the seats down and they were finished with a flat stone on the tops - see last pic.

a few extra pics of the valve jobbing. Arbors are used to align the cutting tools to the guides and act as the center of rotation for all of the work done to the seats. 15 degree, 45 degree.... check the valve stem heights and they are ready for spark plug hole inserts.

we had waist to chest high surf happening today and I spent my time on this. screwy.gif
rick 918-S
man that's nice! beerchug.gif
SirAndy
thumb3d.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.