Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Attention all 914 owners or helpers...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
biosurfer1
I have sold my 914 sad.gif but I dont have the time it needs so its for the better. The guy who bought it is flying in to Sacramento tommorow morning and driving it back to Portland. I have all confidence the car should have no problems making the journey, but I'd like to give the guy a list of people on the way that could help in the event of a problem.

I know some of you guys live in the chico/redding/eureka area so if you'll be around tommorow and could help, post here and i'll PM you to get your info....Thanks everyone!!
Bruce Allert
.......did Craig or Jim buy another one???burnout.gif

..........b
biosurfer1
nope, a nice guy named ted is buying it for his wife's birthday....

there isnt anyone that can help out in case something goes wrong????

PM me your info if you can be available in an emergency, thanks!
Eric Taylor
I'll put in my info, but I don't know how much help I can be. I'm in newport, OR. Which is about an hour from the freeway, but if the guy break's down, I'll do what I can.
Eric Taylor
541-265-3172
Kevin@ojai.net
I'm in Chico, I don't have a garage or proper tools up here, but could give him a hand if he needs it. There is a nice shade tree at my place though smile.gif I'll PM you my #.

-Kevin
biosurfer1
thanks a lot eric, i really dont think there will be any problem driving it back, more of a "just in case" list.
biosurfer1
thanks kevin!
JeffBowlsby
Can you print out a flyer for the WCC for him and also give him the link to this BBS? Maybe he/she will join in...

cool.gif
biosurfer1
he already knows about the BBS considering this is the only place I listed the car laugh.gif

i'll let him know about the WCC...
Air_Cooled_Nut
I went to Discount Import Parts today to grab some dual springs for my Squareback engine so I can drive her even faster thanks to a bigger exhaust (also tearing her apart to have the cooling tin powder coated Bright Orange boldblue.gif ) and I heard this dude asking questions about getting 914 parts. I told him to visit this site (he knew of it) and he is aware of it. Said he bought a '74 914 for his wife and was flying to Sac. to pick it up and drive it home. I told him to make sure the heating system is in good condition (hey, we NEED it up here!) and recommended he get a stainless system if he could afford it.

Well, now I just hopped on here to catch up a tad and, well, now I know who's car he's getting smile.gif He did purchase a Haynes 914 manual. Yeay, another 914 in Oregon beerchug.gif
biosurfer1
damn, i have 2 haynes i was going to give him...he called and asked if i had a manual, but i thought he meant an owners manual...oh well.
boxstr
I hope that he won't need it but he can call me if he needs a tow dolly, located in Lake Oswego,Oregon.
Craig C. Laughlin CAMP 914 503-799-5794
CCLIN914RESCUE
biosurfer1
thanks craig...
Porsche Rescue
Not me Bruce. I have gone over to the dark side (tail draggers). Not gonna sell my orange car though. Plan to play with early 911-912's for variety. Now, if I should find a REAL nice 914-6 (and can get there before Craig, which is unlikely) I might change my mind.
rhodyguy
lots of cars selling these days. buying his wife a 914 for her birthday w00t.gif . i caught that bus in october. just another car to work on.

kevin
scotty
Goody! Another one in PDX. If he needs a few boxes of parts that need to be cleaned, i've got some he can have laugh.gif

Your wife is too lucky, Ted!
J P Stein
Bio:
Tell Ted there's a ORPCA AX at PIR next Sunday morning.
If he can get to it, he can meet part of the local 914 crew.....at least, those worth knowing laugh.gif
scotty
Ouch! wacko.gif
J P Stein
He,he.....so be there laugh.gif
Gint
Man. I saw your car in the Classifieds. I was mighty tempted ,cause I love Ravena Green. If I were at a different point in my 914 phase, I would have bought it in a heartbeat.

Are you getting out of 914s completely?
biosurfer1
for the time being, unfortunetly yes, altohugh my friend still has his 914-6 which i'll play around in for a while...with school, i just dont have the time needed for these cars.
Gint
You don't have to leave the board. Good luck with school.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.