Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Valve Cover Nuts Driving me Nuts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nikojo
Anyone have a source for valve cover nuts??

The ones I have are hard to get on as the valve cover opening is barely large enough for the nuts and the nut is fairly short.

Does someone make a "longer" nut that is easier to put on????
Mark Henry
Don't worry about it, one day those nuts will just fall off the aftermarket covers all by themselves.
underthetire
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Sep 20 2010, 12:47 PM) *

Don't worry about it, one day those nuts will just fall off the aftermarket covers all by themselves.

lol-2.gif
yeahmag
Aftermarket valve covers have a pretty bad rap for leaking around here... I think we would all suggest getting some stock valve covers and bails.

-Aaron
brant
he might be referring to the -6 valve cover nuts
we buy them through gpr or pelican
they sell kits with replacement hardware (but unfortunately I think they are stock sizes.. nylock)

brant
nikojo
They are for a /4 T4.

Have not had any issues with leaks in the past but just had the covers re-powdercoated and tired ruining the paint with the wrench.

I use a silicone gasket and preglue them to the cover for a few hours on a flat surface then mount them with a little grease on the head. No leaks knock on wood.

Don't mind OEM or bales but the engine came like this so never saw the need to change back.

These are the repro carrera covers with "Porsche" script on them. Very nice looking.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.