Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Handbrake cable length
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jeepnj79
I've begun working on getting my 1974 914 2.0 on the road. PO broke the short cable that connects the handbrake to the cable equalizer. The one inside the car. Does anyone know the length? I can have one made. Or does anyone have one for sale cheap. Thanks
bandjoey
Classifieds. there's a guy there with about 12 cars being parted out right now. Just order the side you need. Good luck and
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
This could be a good one to make. Very expensive new and all hammered used. If you make them, I will buy some.

QUOTE(jeepnj79 @ Sep 20 2010, 06:59 PM) *

I've begun working on getting my 1974 914 2.0 on the road. PO broke the short cable that connects the handbrake to the cable equalizer. The one inside the car. Does anyone know the length? I can have one made. Or does anyone have one for sale cheap. Thanks

brandomc
I have been searching for a hand brake cable for months. Still havent found one worth buying. And yeah, they are expensive new. I live in the hills in LA and really need that e-brake!! Let me know if you find some somewhere or if you make one.
pcar916
I have one still attached to the brake handle. It came out of my '74 when I did the 5-lug conversion in 1994. It's in the shop but I have no idea what it's worth, and I won't be back until next Monday.

Here's a pic to answer your length question.

Click to view attachment

My phone number is 501.425.0963
ChrisFoley
I'm pretty sure we can make a reasonable facsimile of these cables at CFR.
We already stock cable and ends which are used for our 911 parking brake conversion cables. The clevis end is the hard part but I have an inexpensive idea to try.
If my idea works the price will be $59.95 including shipping.
I'll make up one or two for show and tell. If someone wants to put together a group buy I'll drop the price to $49.95 (delivered) for a quantity of at least 10 orders.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.