Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Installation Help Blue dot Blaupunkt AM radio w/pics
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Kalva
Installation Help Blue dot Blaupunkt AM radio w/pics

I'm going back to a stock look in my 71' 914 and picked up this Blue dot Blaupunkt AM radio. I believe its from an earlier 914 or 911/912E either way it looks cool IMHO biggrin.gif

After searching 914world & the Goggle machine I came up with no more info then when I started.

From the pic's the black wire is the antenna as I can see a stamp mark that looks like one. The (4) brown wires look to be for the two speakers plus they are connected to each other and a speaker stamp next to them. I see a tab (yellow arrow) that looks to be a ground? Also, a recessed tab I'm guess is a 12v + (red arrow) but I'm not sure and don't want to damaged this radio.

Any help/info would be greatly appreciated...

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

9146FAN
You are exactly correct.
Kalva
QUOTE(9146FAN @ Sep 20 2010, 11:16 PM) *

You are exactly correct.

Great, I'll put some juice to it and see if she lights up...

Thanks
JeffBowlsby
I *think* your bracket at the back may be on wrong, and just stored there for convenience. If its does not mount the way it is, try removing the bracket, flip it around and attach it to the ground stud on the car, and then insert the unit into it like a drawer.
carr914
Cool looking unit, it looks like an AM only Frankfurt

BTW, all Blaupunkts have a Blue Dot - Thats what Blaupunkt means
Kalva
Thanks for the info Guys, the radio works great with its 40 year old electronics... Plus I learned a new German word smilie_pokal.gif "carr914"

Look at the install:

I had to fab up some brackets as the PO did some funny stuff....
IPB Image

Yes it has the original speakers in it.
IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.