Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Anyone in Atlanta Know/Regularly Mold Fiberglass?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
1968Cayman
I have a project on the horizon (I'd say I'm 18+ months out) that will require using another car as a plug and building quality molds with which to produce at least two sets of panels. As I am currently between jobs (and have been restoring several cars in the interim) I am interested in spending as much time as possible learning the process of building 'glass panels from start to finish . . . if it can so be arranged . . . but will take what I can get.

I used to work for the fishing boat manufacturer Astro/Procraft near Murfreesboro, TN so I have a good grasp of what this all entails but would like to learn the why behind the how.

Anyone in the area able to arrange an in-depth, multi-day walking tour? Would even consider temporarily working in the industry to learn the trade.
Brett W
Get back into the garage. BTW, you can't build those panels, your wife will kill you when all that dust gets into the house.

av-943.gif
1968Cayman
This is for an off-the-books project. Just for mentioning it here I should have myself killed.
McMark
Come to CA. You can do all my fiberglass projects that I don't have time for and you'll learn a ton! wavey.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.