Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Naughty Battery
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MXMARK
headbang.gif I will never use a wet battery again, I will never use a wet battery again.........
MXMARK
ohmy.gif I will never use a wet battery again.
MXMARK
Pictures of the new battery(dry cell) on monday. I was pissed when I found this. It was my fault for not taking better care of my baby. No more battery in the engine compartment. My top still fits in the back. No fumes to worry about. Sorry no pictures yet. The battery measures 6.70in x 3.90 in x 6.89 in and it weighs ............. 13.2 lbs. Cranks over faster hot and still cranks faster when not too cold.
Gint
Live and learn. It happens to the best of us. cool.gif

Look at it this way. It could be a lot worse...
RustyWa
That doesn't look like it happend overnight. Looks like it took a few years.

welder.gif
John
It looks like that area has been attempted to be repaired before. That ground strap doesn't belong there and there is no tray.

What was that you were going on about (rust free car)? Where is the rust free car?

Did the battery tray disslove? Had you ever had the battery out of there before?
MXMARK
The battery has been in the car for about 5 years. I should have checked it out, I did not know that these cars could rust out so easy. Sorry I sould have known. When I bought the car 16 years ago it need work on the outside, But it was and is still solid from the inside. Live and learn. I did not know the battery tray was wrong until I started looking here.
Here is the outside now. The work never stops. Mark
Aaron Cox
mark. i am seriously thinking about painting my car a DARK DARK green like that. i love that color on your car man!
John
mark. i am seriously thinking about painting my car a DARK DARK green like that. i love that color on your car man!

Green? It looks black in the engine comp. Maybe it's just me...

So Mark, is it green or black? I like the outside of your car.

Have you had the rocker panels off in the last 5 years?

Are you sure it is really a dry cell? Almost all batteries for cars have some sort of liquid in them (cut one in half and tell me it is dry in there) cool_shades.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(JOHNMAN @ Apr 18 2004, 12:06 PM)

Green? It looks black in the engine comp. Maybe it's just me...

So Mark, is it green or black? I like the outside of your car.

Have you had the rocker panels off in the last 5 years?

Are you sure it is really a dry cell? Almost all batteries for cars have some sort of liquid in them (cut one in half and tell me it is dry in there) cool_shades.gif

saw it in person at the d and g meet. very dark green.
MXMARK
Hi Johnman, The car is 1991 vette green. Sorry. The rocker panels have not been off yet. And yes the battery is a dry cell. I will try to get a bad battery and cut it in half to see. I will post pictures on Monday of the new battery that I bought here at work. Thank you for the compliment. Mark
MXMARK
I think this will work for me.
MXMARK
Or this one.
MXMARK
side view
mightyohm
Just buy an optima and stick it in the stock location on a new tray. Easy.
And it won't cause any more rust.
MXMARK
Just buy an optima and stick it in the stock location on a new tray. Easy.
And it won't cause any more rust.

jkeyzer, I was thinking that until I saw the cost. My cost on this battery was under $80.00.
It only weighs 13.2lbs. 5 second at 680ca not very high cca at 220 and hca at 370. I want to cut the old holder out to have more working room. Thanks Mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.