Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another white 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
arkitect
Had an interesting and scary day yesterday. Me and two buddies decided we needed more parts with another 914 car at a good price. The car was supposedly running so we took the truck down to Modesto to let me (the volunteer) drive it back to Stockton.

I've got multiple 914s but have not driven to many...my current project is still up on jack stands...so not alot of driving time for the teeners.

It was quite an experience, brakes were froze on 1st gear takeoff, but with enough gas it would get going. Luckily I had Lennie and Jeff following me in the truck because the bracket for the accelerator cable broke and we ran out of gas. Luckily we were close to a Ace hardware where we were able to get parts/gas can. It finally got going without the brakes locking up, but alot of lack in power in 5th gear and unbelievably sloppy shifting. Missing bushings?

Well we made it back to Stockton without a trailer. Will post some picts later.

Dave
Mike Bellis
Awesome! I need to find more 914's like that. I'm motivated to build one but my roller is wasted. I might have to hit up the guy around the corner. He has one sitting in his driveway for a year now.
arkitect
Here's a shot of it, looks pretty wild.
Click to view attachment
Socalandy
Ahhhh, Another completed recon mission first.gif clap56.gif
underthetire
Looks like I might be borrowing a plasma cutter to get that thing cut up. The suspention console was gone dave. We didn't tell you cause you looked like a kid in a candy shop driving it. biggrin.gif
Andyrew
Nice! I looked at that years ago, How much did you score it for?
underthetire
L
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Sep 20 2010, 09:33 PM) *

Nice! I looked at that years ago, How much did you score it for?

I know the owner,so we got a real ok deal on it. Its a parts car for sure. He pretty much just wanted it gone.
Andyrew
Nice! Lots of good parts on that one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.