Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 72 1.7 Red
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Eric Taylor
This car is an absolute blast. I have had this car for nearly 10 years, and I can’t believe I’m getting rid of it. Nothing cures bad day better than a top of drive towards the coast in this car. However, my life has changed a lot and I no longer can care for this car in the way that it deserves.

I have personally done a ton of work to this car in my ownership of it. The car replaced a previous 73 2.0 914 that met with a tree at the hands of a young drive nearly 10 years ago. That car provided an excellent amount of parts that one immediately sees in this car. The interior was swapped to this car as well as a number of small pieces. I selected what was best from both and put it into this car. The interior quality is surprisingly original and well preserved, something one must see to appreciate.

Mechanically this car is in good condition. I replaced the clutch in it around 1000 miles ago and also had the clutch tube re-welded at that time. The transmission shifts well, including downshifting through all gears. I have also spent a great deal of money and time on the fuel injection system.

I have replaced the fuel injection harness, injectors, trigger points, TPS and MPS. At one point the car had an irradic fuel delivery issue. I replaced the listed parts to finally fix the issue. It also has had the cap, distributor, plugs, wires and compressor replaced recently. At that time I also had the car timed and the valves set. I have also replaced the voltage regulator within the last week.

Structurally this car is very sound. This was the main reason that I originally purchased it. I will not call this a 100% rust free car; however, one would be very hard pressed to find one with as little rust as this car has. There is no rust in the long’s supporting the car, and the battery hole is structurally intact. The rear trunk has some surface rust in it; however, this area is structurally sound with no holes or thin areas. There are some other spots of surface rust in the car, but on the whole this car is rather rust free.

Please e-mail me with any questions. There is to much to list in the ad. Test drives are welcomed to seriously interested parties. I'm not interested in shipping the car at this point. Local pickup only.
type47
Beautiful car, good luck with the sale. I see you have silver button gauges, is the car an early 74?
Eric Taylor
Thanks for the complements! The guages came from a 73 that I wrecked.
Eric Taylor
bump!
Eric Taylor
To the Top! Please e-mail with offers/inquiries. I'm looking to find the car a home soon.
mulan29369
e-mail sent ;-)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.