Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS, Big Type IV engine components to build a 2613cc
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
MLedesma
Well after sitting on these parts for 2 years now, I have come to the realization that I am not ready to use them and build my big type IV. It just doesn’t make sense as my project still needs body work, paint, interior and other miscellaneous items before it could use an upgraded motor. I could also use the funds from the sale to pay for the above. I will come back to a big IV or a Raby kit at another time.

These parts came with the purchase of a second project car. So some of the information I have about them is incomplete. Also looking at the dates on some of the parts the previous owner sat on these parts for some time as well before selling them to me.

What I have here is nearly everything you need to build a 2613 cc longblock engine (does not include induction or exhaust). The components that you will need to source are;

Camshaft and Lifters (sold earlier as I didn’t want a Hydro cam and lifters)
Cam Gear
Seals, Seal Kit
Oil galley plugs
Piston Rings (somehow lost between the previous owner and me)
Flywheel
Also missing the distributor drive gear and the cam drive gear on the crankshaf

The following is all new and/or rebuilt parts

LN Engineering 103mm Nickies
Includes required ARP head studs and hardware
JE Pistons (four are marked 425, and one is marked 426)
DPR 78.4mm Crank 2.0” Journal, welded, counterweighted.
Scat H beam rods (5.325 length with 22mm wrist pin, big end weight 400, small end 189)
Kolbenshmidt Bearings (I am unsure of the exact size)
Mahle cam bearings
Clevite rod bearings
Schadek 30mm HD oil pump
ARP Case Through bolts and hardware
Push rods and ends (chromoly)
New push rod tubes
Billet roller rockers

Rebuilt 1.7 heads, port and polish intake and exhaust, 42 X 36 stainless steel valves, HD single springs (that is what the receipt says but they look like dual springs to me) and new retainers, new guides, and seats (course I cannot see them). Stamped at 79cc (might want to double check this, as I had planned to. Work done by Mark Stephens High Performance in 1998.

Case machined for 103 mm cylinders, oil galleys drilled and tapped (missing plugs). This is a GD stamped case, which I believe is a 2.0 out of a 76-78 transporter This case has the dipstick in a different location than a stock 914 (which will need to be modified if used in a 914).

I will also include all the engine tin, oil cooler, fan and fan shroud (fan is missing a couple fins), hardware and any other parts as they were given to me. I can get pictures if necessary.

I believe these to be quality parts to the best of my knowledge, no warranty of parts is expressed or implied. This is not a complete kit and you will need to source some parts to complete an engine build. The majority of these parts were purchased by the previous owner through LN engineering as some of the paperwork I have includes emails between them. Also some of the parts were shipped to LN engineering and then to the PO.

I am sure I have forgotten somethings. I can easily get more detailed picstures as needed. I used a lower resolution on the camera and shrunk them so I could post them here.

Please contact me via PM should you be interested or have any more questions. If you would like to speak with me please include a phone number and a good time to reach you.

I am pricing this package at $5000.00 USD. Shipping will be additional but can be negotiated (I have a very good FedEx discount through my work).

Matt

Nickies

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

JE pistons

Click to view attachment
MLedesma
Two more of the heads

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

Bearings

Click to view attachment

Push Rods and Tubes

Click to view attachment

ARP Heads Studs, Through bolts, and Hardware

Click to view attachment

Oil Pump

Click to view attachment

Billett Rockers

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

I think that is it for now.
Mark Henry
Incredible deal for someone!!!

Main bearings are most likely .010 under, if you part out this engine sell them with the crank (or last) as they are in short supply.
My experience is you will make more money parting it out.

Also advertise this on thesamba.com

Good luck with the sale.
MLedesma
Thank you Mark, I think it is a great deal as well. I plan on offering it up on other sites if I doesn't sell here, just wanted to put it here first. I may consider parting it out if nobody wants the package deal.

Matt
Tom_T
Matt - these won't be cheaper for you to replace later when you're ready to do the big IV, & they'll still be good to go if stored properly for whenever you get round tuit!
IMHO - you may be dollars ahead holding onto them now & be patient until the rest of the 914 is done. FWIW smile.gif

I say that wishing I'd done the repairs & resto/rusto on my 73 2L back in the 80's or 90's when the new parts were still readily available! dry.gif

Otherwise - good luck!
MLedesma
Bump

Tom I appreciate your thoughts, and trust me I did consider holding on to the parts. I have a working 2.0 liter engine that I can use till later. It is just that I want to get the Paint and Interior done so I can enjoy my car instead of looking at it on jack stands.

Matt
MLedesma
Bump for a price reduction.

Lots of views, maybe you need a nudge. How about $4900.00 shipping included?
dirie1
QUOTE(MLedesma @ Oct 3 2010, 09:18 AM) *

Bump for a price reduction.

Lots of views, maybe you need a nudge. How about $4900.00 shipping included?

idea.gif idea.gif Where is Elizabeth CO?? I am on the Western slope!! Maybe I need a road trip idea.gif idea.gif
MLedesma
Elizabeth is about 50 minutes South East of Denver.
MLedesma
Bump TTT

Considering parting this out. I have a few people that stated an interest in some of the individual parts. Let me know if you want something specific.
Mark_s
How much for the heads?
hcdmueller
How much for the oil pump and USPS shipping to 09012?
Thanks,
Chris
MLedesma
Chris, I have someone interested in the oil pump before you. If that falls through I will let you know.

Mark S, sending you a private message.

Matt
bohalrantipol
Are these items still available? would be interested in a few of the bits and bobs....

QUOTE(MLedesma @ Oct 28 2010, 12:00 PM) *

Chris, I have someone interested in the oil pump before you. If that falls through I will let you know.

Mark S, sending you a private message.

Matt

MLedesma
Sorry, all parts have been sold and shipped.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.