Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 74 2.0 What to do What to do.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jwernquist
I sold my 914/6 and 2.0 a few years back and have been wanting to pick up a 914. Heard about one via friend of a friend went to check it out and made a deal. So now i have this 74 914 2.0 sitting in the garage. It was mostly dissasembled prepped for paint then sat.

I cleaned it up the gas tank replaced some lines and hoses and the car fired right up. Ran pretty good too. Now the dilemma.

Surprisingly its rock solid no sag or gap issues. Sail Panels are solid rear suspension console rock solid. The drivers side seat belt mount and corner jack triangle are in need of repair. Surprisingly the passenger side is rock solid. Will need a 6 inch strip of metal along the drivers side corner as well. Both Jack plates surrounds should be replaced. A small less than quarter size hole in the rear trunk and the remainder of the floors are solid as can be.

ITs worth fixing however not sure if I really shoudl be the guy to fix it at this point. I have my 69S thats just been painted and my new to me Split Window. I probably should've thought of this before i bought it but that 914 bug hit.

Parts and pieces on the car are all excellent. So it would be a lucritive car to part. However its too solid for that and a runner.

That being said , should I toss it up in the for sale or should I just take it in get it painted and put it together.? Or should I list it up for all you parts pickers!! smile.gif heh JK

Anyone interested in a 914 2.0 Project? Help me out here. Im torn.

jwernquist
The surprising part is the little drivers side corner. Considering how strong the passenger side is it's amazing how solid this car is. It should be saved.
rick 918-S
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif Ooops, our posts passed in cyberspace. biggrin.gif

PM sent assimilate.gif
EdwardBlume
You are in alien territory...
jwernquist
Rick sent you an email with my phone number. Feel free to call me
avidfanjpl
How much dough you got? I think it is hard to evaluate without seeing the inside driver side problems.

The problem I see is that only an expoit can cut away the driver's side and reconstruct, because I know of no one making the same area outside of the passenger long and hellhole.

I like that the engine runs, but it sounds like an Alien is at your doorstep.

"Woke up this morning, I was feelin' quite weird, had flies in my beard, my toothpaste was smeared" - Mister Spaceman - The Byrds

In cooking, no difference! - Frenchy the Chef

Save that 914, don't matter who does it till it's done.

John
carr914
The Rainbow in the rear window ain't going to help blink.gif
Lennies914
It doesn't look like you're hurting for space. Save it.

Wouldn't drive it with the rainbow though.
Tom_T
QUOTE(Lennies914 @ Sep 21 2010, 07:25 PM) *

It doesn't look like you're hurting for space. Save it.

Wouldn't drive it with the rainbow though.

My Thotz exactly!!!! I'd almost kill for that kind of space to work in!

Save, get with Rick/Alien 51 & then enjoy driving.gif 'er when dun!
clow
Looks good. Seams like you have a good space to work on it to with a couple other project!?
If you don't mind me asking in the 3rd picture down along the inner rocker there is a piece of square tubing is that for a jack for certain year(s) or models? (I am new to this)

Cheers,

Clow
rick 918-S
I'm out kids. I bought 2 more 914's this year and traveled across the country the times. Unless someone buys my rust free 66 Cal Look Beetle project I have no more space. Maybe this should be in the classifieds.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.