Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Our own "twisty road"....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jake Raby
Twenty years ago my Dad and I took an old Ford tractor and a Bobcat loader and about a months worth of time to build a new road up the backside of our property..

Here is a video I made of a quick drive up the completed drive...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EmqOw_fk4A

IPB Image

Back then that road was nothing more than a way to get to and from the Pond we had just built.It also allowed for a better way in and out during the winter.
IPB Image

Now fast forward twenty years and this road leads up a remote path to the place where all the magic happens, Aircooled Heaven... It just kind of happened that way, thats the crazy thing... There was never a master plan to make all this happen.. It just did.. For this reason today there still isn't a sign telling you that you have arrived, until you get to the summit of the mountain you don't really know if you are where you are supposed to be and that kind of adds to the mystique of it all..

This will make it much better at the shop and will make it easier to keep the place clean, something we spend lots of time doing!!

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Here is the Pond view...
IPB Image
ripper911
clap56.gif

Maybe I'll have a reason to drive on it sometime soon...
dlee6204
smilie_pokal.gif Awesome! driving.gif
Jake Raby
June 4, 2011 is the RAT Reunion!!
mepstein
Jake - Congrats!

What about an east coast road trip that week? Hit Jake's, AA, Scotty B, ect.

Just thinking out loud...
Jake Raby
I am having the RAT reunion as well as a chassis dyno challenge here as well.. If you can organize something around the date I am fine with it :-)
RJMII
Jake, the road looks great! Congrats on another long term goal getting accomplished. smile.gif

What does the chassis dyno challenge involve?
Jake Raby
Its all out aircooled combat on the dyno-jet chassis dyno.. See who can put down the most power!

At least two 500+RWHP VWs will be in attendence!
bandjoey
hissyfit.gif but we can't drive on it this October since you're gonna be gone during Musr.
Jake Raby
Yep... Even if I would have been here the place would not be 100% ready for MUSR. By spring it'll be where I want it. Finally!
Other than the paving we have done all this ourselves, so it takes time!
championgt1
What a beautiful piece of property! pray.gif

Love the road.............. can anyone say hill climb. piratenanner.gif
rick 918-S
Nice tribute to your Dad and his vision.
Jake Raby
I'll get to drive on it for the first time today... Yesterday it was too hot and sticky for anything more than our cushman truckster to travel on it.
904svo
We got Road Atlanta, Tail of the Dragon and now RABY DRIVE all close by.
ConeDodger
Fathers raise their son's to know and complete their vision. He knows and sees Jake... Nice job.
Jake Raby
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Sep 22 2010, 09:35 AM) *

Fathers raise their son's to know and complete their vision. He knows and sees Jake... Nice job.

Thanks for that, Robby.. The sense of accomplishment that accompanies each finished project on top of this hill is truly amazing.

jsayre914
That road looks bueatiful wub.gif Your misson if you choose to accept it.... is to keep it free of oil drips lol driving.gif
URY914
Hillclimb!!!

Count me in!

qa1142
very nice, your dad is happy
Lou W
Very nice..... but, is there enough room to pass? driving.gif
Jake Raby
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Sep 22 2010, 12:32 PM) *

That road looks bueatiful wub.gif Your misson if you choose to accept it.... is to keep it free of oil drips lol driving.gif

No problem. Engines here don't leak.

Not a drop.

Room to pass, of course!
EdwardBlume
Nice work! Where does the start / finish line go[font=Arial]?
Jake Raby
Finish line is at the top... Just before the hard right hander!
I was out speeding up and down it on the old cushman truckster earlier, man is it smooth!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.