Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lemforder ball joints
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
avidfanjpl
I have a need to replace all the Lemforder ball joint parts for my 73 L/R front struts.

From some reputable suppliers, I see kits with 4 parts, excluding the angled pin/nut combination. I am not talking cotter pin. That is part of the kits I am seeing.

Two questions -

1. Turbo balljoints? What are they? And if I am doing balljoints, do I do turbo tie rods too? My tie rods look new, but standard split clamps. Not sure of the turbo thing.

2. Offset pin/nut - What's up with the offset locking pin and nut? Don't those wear out too? They don't seem to be part of the kits being sold and made by Lemforder? Are they unobtainium?

The kits typically have the ball joint, big threaded retainer nut, star washer and cotter pin. Seems like they should also offer the offset pin and nut with the kit.

Or am I taking Crazy Pills?

Thanks!

John
McMark
They expect you to reuse your 'weird pin'.
drgchapman
Check the classifieds, I have a brand new set of Lemforder Turbo balljoints for sale, good price.
avidfanjpl
Checking!

Thanks!

And thanks, McMark on the pin reuse. Weird is the beard!

John

QUOTE(drgchapman @ Sep 22 2010, 09:36 AM) *

Check the classifieds, I have a brand new set of Lemforder Turbo balljoints for sale, good price.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.