Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heater Blower Motor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rwilner
Hi All
I'm putting heat back on my car and I'm wondering how the blower motor/hoses in the engine compartment get installed.

I looked through the engine bay thread in the originality forum, but not too many 73 2.0L pics in there.

Does anyone have a good pic of the blower motor install and hose routing?

Also, does anyone have a source for the engine bay hose? Can I get something at home depot?

Thanks!
Rich
type47
The body of the motor sits on a mount just under the relay board. I think it's clamped with a "circular" clamp; a big (special) hose clamp/wormdrive clamp. I would check your favorite vendor for the hose (Pelican, AutoAtlanta...) From the blower (late car), a short hose goes to the "J" tube in the engine tin. Another hose can go to the passenger side "J" tube but that tube is sometimes capped off; two hoses requires a splitter on the fan.
rwilner
QUOTE(type47 @ Sep 22 2010, 08:26 AM) *

The body of the motor sits on a mount just under the relay board. I think it's clamped with a "circular" clamp; a big (special) hose clamp/wormdrive clamp. I would check your favorite vendor for the hose (Pelican, AutoAtlanta...) From the blower (late car), a short hose goes to the "J" tube in the engine tin. Another hose can go to the passenger side "J" tube but that tube is sometimes capped off; two hoses requires a splitter on the fan.

I'm actually not installing the heat on the pass side since I have oil cooler lines running through the heater conduits in the body.

Thanks -- i'll pick up some hose clamps and hoses. I'd prefer not to wait a week for shipping tho, is there a suitable hose that's available locally, or is the i.d. so unique that I need to go through PP/AA?
cary
Check with one of the local VW parts shops. They should have something that will work. First thing they will bring out is the paper type used up front. You want the vinyl one. Good Luck ...............
rwilner
I think this is the hose -- do you guys agree?
cary
Here's what your looking for.Click to view attachment
cary
Yep. If you have time, try and source it from an industrial hose supply. You should get about 6-10 feet for the same price. But that takes some time.
rwilner
Does the pump intake get hosed over to anywhere, or does it just suck air in from the engine bay (like the engine induction system would)?
dlee6204
Does the pump intake get hosed over to anywhere, or does it just suck air in from the engine bay (like the engine induction system would)?

It sucks air from the engine bay.
Root_Werks
You can have a few set-ups:
Root_Werks
Or this (ignore the AFM):
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.