Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hello Im new
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Atomman
Hello All

My name is Gary and I live in South Wales over here in the UK, I have recently sold my'65 912 after 4 years of restoration and got my hands on a nice 914, i've got to say it may even handle better than my old 912 smile.gif

Heres my car from the other weekend when a few of us went out for a sunday drive

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

I have riviera's with 185-55's on the 914 and they are real close to the rear arch.

Im looking at getting some better offset rims, so i can get a bigger tyre on like a 205-50 maybe,

any one know what rims have a decent offset ? 2.0 fuch ?

cheers

Gary

draganc
welcome.png

nice ride!!

the std. 15x5.5 fuchs and pedrinis should be handel to run up to 205. use the search function and you will find a ton of information.
dlee6204
welcome.png Nice looking car! driving.gif
zymurgist
welcome.png
trent1542
welcome.png
drooley.gif nice 914 you got there!
year and engine??? biggrin.gif
McMark
AWESOME PICS! welcome.png

Looking forward to more!
Atomman
Cheers guys

I want to get some more grip and the car does sit a bit low with the 185-55's on it, but the riviera's wont let me go any wider with the offset,

So maybe I could use a 195-65 instead of the 205, this would give me a bit more ground clearence, I have been told this is a nearer size to the standard used,

Cheers

Gary

Atomman

I have loads of pic's i can post up if you'd like,loads of the build up and the welding to the hell hole.

The car is a '75 but some one has put fibreglass GT style bumpers on it, It did have a 2.0 litre in it but it had been seized when i got the car,

Now it has a 1.7 with 44IDF's on it that i borowed from i friend to get it going, I think they are way to big, but i have some 40 IDF's on there way.

I am planning on a bigger engine and Im slowly gather the parts together.

I will dig out so,me more pic's later
EdwardBlume
agree.gif welcome.png
pin31
Nice car....welcome aboard !! beerchug.gif
PanelBilly
Looks like a great car to start working on while you enjoy driving it. Beware of the jackstands. If you let the car too close to them it will jump on and refuse to come off
AZ914
Nice car!! Yes, the OEM 2.0 FUCHS, Pedrinis, or Mahles should fit up to a 205 if I remember correctly.
angerosa
Nice car. Welcome
Gustl
welcome.png ... cool cars ! like all 3 of them beerchug.gif

rick 918-S
QUOTE(Gustl @ Sep 22 2010, 12:25 PM) *

welcome.png ... cool cars ! like all 3 of them beerchug.gif

Me Too! agree.gif assimilate.gif
race914
welcome.png

Welcome!
Tom
Me three!!
I imagine your driving buddies are finding it hard to keep up now. LOL!!
Tom
Drums66
welcome.png welcome.png
welcome.png nice run of cars ,bloke
& don't change the bloody rim's.....you have
good 1's on it!!! poke.gif poke.gif bye1.gif
ConeDodger
welcome.png
veltror
Hi there nice to see another Uk car on the road...

Roman
Elliot Cannon
welcome.png

Cheers, Elliot
william1764
welcome.png

sweet ride
johannes
Welcome to the world !

Hope we will meet at the international 914 meeting next year ...

The french guy ! ...
914 shifter
welcome.png
Socalandy
welcome.png

I ran 15X 5 1/2 Fuchs with 205/50's with no issues. Nice looking car!!
realred914
hi new, im old, nice collection of cars, have fun in your 914 jolly good!!!!! santa_smiley.gif aktion035.gif cheer.gif chowtime.gif driving.gif beerchug.gif piratenanner.gif welcome.png w00t.gif smilie_pokal.gif smash.gif shades.gif beer3.gif blink.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(Atomman @ Sep 22 2010, 08:37 AM) *

i've got to say it may even handle better than my old 912 smile.gif

Heres my car from the other weekend when a few of us went out for a sunday drive

I have riviera's with 185-55's on the 914 and they are real close to the rear arch.

Im looking at getting some better offset rims, so i can get a bigger tyre on like a 205-50 maybe,

any one know what rims have a decent offset ? 2.0 fuch ?

cheers

Gary

Ta Gary -

YES - your 914 DEFINITELY handles much better than your 912 - even with the 1.7, & then just wait until you get a 2.0 motor back in it! driving.gif w00t.gif

You may have the VW offset Rivieras, rather than the 914's 40 offset, because that should fit a 185/55 without rubbing. I've had Rivs on my 73 2L since I got it back in 75, & I was able to run the Michelin 185/75VR15 XWX's on it no problem, ditto on the Fuchs 2L, Pedrini & Mahle "Baby Gasburner" (4 lug) wheels.

When our Rugby Club toured Wales & Scotland in 77 I didn't see 1 914 anywhere, glad to see you've got one going there!

Cheers! beerchug.gif & welcome.png
Tom
///////
KELTY360
welcome.png

Nice car!. Find some chromies with the correct offset. I had some on my Sunflower Yellow '73 back in '73 and have always loved the look. You're in for a helluva ride with the 914.
Atomman
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Sep 23 2010, 03:12 AM) *

welcome.png

Nice car!. Find some chromies with the correct offset. I had some on my Sunflower Yellow '73 back in '73 and have always loved the look. You're in for a helluva ride with the 914.

Cheers for the nice comments and the welcomes beerchug.gif beerchug.gif

does anyone know what offset the stock wheels where ?

cheers

Gary
avidfanjpl
Don't know the offset, but my Fuch's just took a set of Yokohama 205/60-15 tires on and cleared. My car is totally stock.

I have a set of EMPI's that came off another stock 914 wreck, and those fit that car, so they should fit mine when I put 205/50-15 dry only tires on it to Autocross.

Get the Fuch's if you can find them shipping ready to the UK. 4 bolt pattern, part of the 73-76 US appearance group.

Or Mahles. Or Pedrini's. But there are different offsets, and I know nothing about the measurements. I am sort of watching for an expert here to fill us all in!

welcome.png

John
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.