Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Newb Lug Bolt Q's
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cambo
Got some used lug bolts cheap on Craigslist. Just want to make sure they are for the 2.0 fuchs. Ball seat looks correct from pictures I've seen. They are about 1 3/4 inches long with about one inch of thread. Sound correct? Just want to make sure these aren't too short. Thanks
Jerry75914
"one inch of thread" sounds like you have the shorter 25mm bolts...NOT what you want. I had those when I got the car, and they did not thread very deeply into the rotors...scary.

You need the 38mm bolts. if you are in the Bay Area, go to Parts Heaven in Hayward. They have some reproductions that are well priced.
Cambo
QUOTE(Jerry75914 @ Sep 22 2010, 12:20 PM) *

"one inch of thread" sounds like you have the shorter 25mm bolts...NOT what you want. I had those when I got the car, and they did not thread very deeply into the rotors...scary.

You need the 38mm bolts. if you are in the Bay Area, go to Parts Heaven in Hayward. They have some reproductions that are well priced.

So when you say 38mm, that's 38mm of thread length? These bolts do have about 25mm thread length.
DanT
38mm of thread is the correct length for factory alloys.
Jerry75914
yes, I'm referring to thread length.

I had them on the fronts with 2.0 Fuchs, stripped the thread halfway into the rotor...threads deeper in looked brand new...
Cambo
Thanks guys, lesson learned. They were advertised as 2.0 lug bolts on CL. At least it only cost me $20 to learn the hard way. headbang.gif
Drums66
QUOTE(DanT @ Sep 22 2010, 12:28 PM) *

38mm of thread is the correct length for factory alloys.

that's it poke.gif yellowsleep[1].gif yellowsleep[1].gif yellowsleep[1].gif yellowsleep[1].gif yellowsleep[1].gif yellowsleep[1].gif yellowsleep[1].gif
smoke.gif bye1.gif

P.S. don't score the cheap 1's
DanT
like this biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.