Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil Pressure Sender
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
I have a getty dash that has a 911 Oil Pres/Oil Temp combo gauge. Which sender should I be running to get correct oil pressure. I have used both VDO duel senders(150 and 80 psi) and neither seem to give a correct reading to this gauge. I also wonder if the OTemp side of combo gauge is acurate either since it is a 911 gauge?? The gauge does not have numbers for temp on it just red/white line with box at each end.

Any help/thought/ideas would be greatly appreciated....

Ken
McMark
Most 911 oil pressure senders are 80psi, IIRC.

If you post the P/N on the gauges I could look them up and see what matches. I think the P/N is printed in white numbers on the gauge face, but you have to look up or down at a steep angle to see it.
Thx, Mark...

I will see if I can read the number when I get home today..
realred914
often on the gage can there is the temp or pressure range printed, on combo gages it may be on the back where they are mounted. see if you can find indication on the range on the gage itself maybe metric units so look for that.
some senders maybe harder to get I know the 70 psi max sender is out of production, but the 80 psi one will work, just not be inclaibration. there is also a 150 psi (I beilve that is right numbver but maybe off some) gage. if that is the case here, then the range is really a bit too high to be used on a four banger stock 914 usualy the four 914 has a pressure of less than 80 spi at start up and runs on highway at maybe 40-55 psi or so, so a 80 psi gage makes more sence for a 914-4. other motors may require the 150 psi gage (and 150 psi sendor)

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.