Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lugs or Studs?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
G e o r g e
I have some 6.5 X 15" Minilites less the lugs

I know or believe that they used a lug with a special washer, but have had no luck in finding any ( or at least for a reasonable amount of coin ), anyways what would be a safe and practical way to use these?

Is it really safe to have them reamed to accept the cone lugs or nuts?

any and all insight appreciated
edrotol
QUOTE(George H. @ Sep 22 2010, 06:13 PM) *

I have some 6.5 X 15" Minilites less the lugs

I know or believe that they used a lug with a special washer, but have had no luck in finding any ( or at least for a reasonable amount of coin ), anyways what would be a safe and practical way to use these?

Is it really safe to have them reamed to accept the cone lugs or nuts?

any and all insight appreciated

Pm sent
Sleepin
Check out Gint's signature George, there is a link on there with that info IIRC. wavey.gif
Sleepin
NM... check here:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=69869&
DanT
If they are in fact original real Minilites...it is not a good idea to try and machine the lug holes. A good friend of mine is a machinist and said that he had seen this done back in the 80s and that the wheels are too brittle to allow this to be done and have a safe wheel afterwards...
mounting flange ends up too thin,

go with lugs bolts with the proper washers or you could have a machinist make you a set of washers to work with stock type lug bolts or you could got with studs and stock type lug nuts and the custom washers....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.