Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hi! I'm Brand new and very confused
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Cj Honeycutt
Hi, I'm Carolyn i just joined from over here in Fallbrook California. I have absolutely no idea how to work this site. Can anyone help?... please smile.gif
Oh and by the way i have a 75' 914 2.0 L
and i cant figure out how to put the pictures up either
Click to view attachment
Cj Honeycutt
ok i guess the picture worked
flipb
welcome.png

That's a nice looking late model 914. Saturn/Chrome Yellow? (like my '74)

Here's a good place to start: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showforum=16
(even the items that say "Moved" will still work if you click on them!)

Flip
hot_shoe914
welcome.png

They call me Shoe and I am at your service my fair lady. Very nice looking car. Did you know they claim yellow cars are faster! first.gif
trent1542
welcome.png
If you have questions about the site here is the FAQ: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showforum=16
The forum 914Garage is for anything 914-or-not related
The classified forums is for buying/selling ads from people on this website!

If I were you, I would bookmark this page: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showforum=43 for easy access to the entire website and its functions

see you 'round! biggrin.gif

Trent

RJMII
welcome.png

Now that you've got the picture thing figured out, I'm sure we'd all like to see more. smile.gif
McMark
welcome.png

Looks like you're doing pretty well.
avidfanjpl
Hello CJ,

My sister used to live in Fallbrook till July, but I never saw a blonde driving a minty 914 in Signal Yellow!

welcome.png

Any issues on the car, there are a bunch of smelly, greasy guys that will crawl under your car for free just to say you rolled over them. I am one of the less smelly ones.

I kid you not!

Congratulation on a beautiful car, and that head of hair!

John

Click to view attachment

Betty
Hi Carolyn,

I'm loving your car.... although whoever said yellow's faster must be smokin' something because EVERYbody knows orange cars are the best! poke.gif
(if you can't guess, my car's orange... well Phoenix Red technically... but I put a jack-o-lantern face on him every year for Halloween and have yet to hear anybody call him a "red" car)

Welcome!!! welcome.png

Tell us your story! How did you come by such a nice car, how long have you had it, does it have a name, do you like to drive driving-girl.gif or like to show it off. Tell us everything!

popcorn[1].gif
Cj Honeycutt
depending on where you look its called either sunflower or summer yellow (paint code L 13 K) (all original paint i might add)
Cj Honeycutt
My father had a 74 (Chrome yellow i think) when i was younger and its been sitting in the garage ever since, we just havent had the time to fix it up again, so when he started talking about selling it i got rather upset. well he told me if i wanted i could have it, so we planned to fix it up but life kinda got in the way. so one day last summer when i came home there is a beautiful 75 914 sitting in the driveway and he handed me the keys and we fixed it up and i drive it everyday
dlee6204
Very nice! smilie_pokal.gif welcome.png
Cj Honeycutt
IPB Image
IPB ImageIPB Image
rick 918-S
welcome.png assimilate.gif
Betty
QUOTE(Cj Honeycutt @ Sep 22 2010, 09:09 PM) *

My father had a 74 (Chrome yellow i think) when i was younger and its been sitting in the garage ever since, we just havent had the time to fix it up again, so when he started talking about selling it i got rather upset. well he told me if i wanted i could have it, so we planned to fix it up but life kinda got in the way. so one day last summer when i came home there is a beautiful 75 914 sitting in the driveway and he handed me the keys and we fixed it up and i drive it everyday

Ohhh... that's wonderful! cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif
Gint
welcome.png Nice 914!
Als914
welcome.png
A BIG welcome bye1.gif ! Nice to see Ladies having the interests we all have...914's. You will get great info off this site.
Keep that great looking ride of your's on the road driving-girl.gif .
jt914-6
I say for your first 914 event you come on out east and drive the dragon with us!!!! driving-girl.gif driving.gif
BTW....my first 914 was yellow like yours.....but, blue is the fastest.... stirthepot.gif
RJMII
QUOTE(Cj Honeycutt @ Sep 22 2010, 08:12 PM) *

IPB Image
IPB ImageIPB Image

Seems as if the pictures you are attempting to post are located on the desktop of Alex's computer...

Cj Honeycutt
apparently i didnt figure out the secret art of posting pictures
Tom_T
welcome.png

Very nice 75 - but still get that 74 of your Dad's running again, cuz I'm betting it's an original owner 914 & well worth it when done!
ConeDodger
welcome.png
Tom_T
QUOTE(Cj Honeycutt @ Sep 22 2010, 07:51 PM) *

apparently i didnt figure out the secret art of posting pictures

Try this -
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=13637

Also the pic at your VIN registry here isn't working - shows a dead link message.
Socalandy
welcome.png and I like the color biggrin.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Sep 22 2010, 08:03 PM) *

welcome.png and I like the color biggrin.gif

I knew you would! biggrin.gif

Ask her if she got the yellow top Optima to stay with the color theme too Andy!! laugh.gif
bmtrnavsky
welcome.png everyone knows yellow is the fastest color!
Thoward914
welcome.png Go Yellow bye1.gif
Cambo
Another Summer Yellow! Cool....
avidfanjpl
We Orangemen/women know that Yellow is just a pale shade of Orange.

Remember, there are no yellow sundown's. Only orange.

And if you think the sundown is really red, you must be thinking of signal red, which is orange.

Orange I right?

There is a reason why cones are orange. They are amateur magnets.

Just ask cone dodger, or Yopu, his better half.

Orange you glad you didn't ask?

J
Elliot Cannon
welcome.png Yup. Yellow is good.
PanelBilly
Welcome to the clan
markb
welcome.png
ripper911
welcome.png

As far as pictures are concerned, I upload them to photobucket, then use copy the adress to post here.

I have to resize my pics also...
majkos
Henna says, welcome.png
Click to view attachment

BTW Carolyn
That's NICE looking 914! shades.gif
EdwardBlume
agree.gif welcome.png cheer.gif cheer.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(avidfanjpl @ Sep 22 2010, 08:29 PM) *

We Orangemen/women know that Yellow is just a pale shade of Orange.

Remember, there are no yellow sundown's. Only orange.

And if you think the sundown is really red, you must be thinking of signal red, which is orange.

Orange I right?

There is a reason why cones are orange. They are amateur magnets.

Just ask cone dodger, or Yopu, his better half.

Orange you glad you didn't ask?

J

ConeDodger
Better get some of these kiddo! They sometimes decide not to run dry.gif
Mikey914
Welcome,
and nice car. You will find that there is no cure for the 914 sickness, but there are pleanty of others in various stages here that will share your affliction.
DEC
welcome.png
6freak
QUOTE(Cj Honeycutt @ Sep 22 2010, 06:40 PM) *

Hi, I'm Carolyn i just joined from over here in Fallbrook California. I have absolutely no idea how to work this site. Can anyone help?... please smile.gif
Click to view attachment

Glad I`m not the only one that will use a fire bottle for a wheel chalk......welcome and very nice car
Tom
It is OK to be confused here, lots of us are. smile.gif
I was wondering when someone would comment on that fire bottle Mike!
welcome.png
Tom
montoya 73 2.0
welcome.png

qa1142
welcome.png

driving-girl.gif
zymurgist
welcome.png
race914
welcome.png

Always nice to have more California 914s!
TJB/914
QUOTE(6freak @ Sep 23 2010, 10:41 AM) *

QUOTE(Cj Honeycutt @ Sep 22 2010, 06:40 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Glad I`m not the only one that will use a fire bottle for a wheel chalk......welcome and very nice car

welcome.png

Sincere welcome Carolyn. These guys notice everything including your blond hair and yellow 914. Don't worry they are harmless and really appreciate you on board.

Tom Sr. Member with a 74 Chrome Yellow like your dad's.
Cj Honeycutt
yes yellow is the best color thank you all very much, orange (cones) just get run over by amateur drivers

and the picture was taken at a show, the fire extinguisher was a mandatory part of the show, i couldnt have it judged if there wasnt one

and lets see if the pictures work now

Click to view attachment
scotty b
welcome.png

I think I may have met your brother B.J. in Korea a while back rolleyes.gif

I'll bet you never get tired of that.........
Cj Honeycutt
QUOTE(scotty b @ Sep 23 2010, 04:56 PM) *

welcome.png

I think I may have met your brother B.J. in Korea a while back rolleyes.gif

I'll bet you never get tired of that.........

never heard that one before actually
scotty b
WOW, apparently I'm a groundbreaker here.

I give you your long lost brother....B.J. Honeycutt, of the 4077th
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.