Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche SWAP in Oceanside, Ca
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mike D.
Sense there will be no Ventura Swap this Fall I say we take on this one.

Let's make this a great event. I for one really miss the old time swap meets and connecting with friends. This location was used a few times and has the space for lots of vendors.

SWAP Meet for Porsche

SWAP Meet for Porsche Parts and Cars on Sunday, October 24, 2010 from 8 AM to 3 PM
FREE Admission for Spectators and Buyers!
FREE Parking!
Seller space is $25 in advance and $30 on the day of the event.
(Set up at 6 AM)
At:
Chambers Motorsports
1555 South Coast Highway (behind the car dealer)
Oceanside, CA 92504
or Chuck Sharp 858-521-0883
Come and have a good time!
* Browse all of the cool stuff for sale
* Clear out the garage of all of your extra parts
* Find that rare part that you need
* Buy a Car! or Sell one!
* Bring the family - and go play on the beach (2 blocks)

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
Original URL: http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/pts/1953970307.html
SLITS
Hmmmmmmm ..... Guess we'll have to pick another date confused24.gif .... The biannual G&R All 914 Rusty Parts Swap Meet and Animal Flesh Roasting Festival is targeted for Oct 24th in Riverside.

I just haven't had time to pen the announcement or I'm just lazy. Actually, considerable consultation with my crystal ball and considering the alignment of the planets, Glenn & I decided it would be the most appropriate celestial time for this year ending event as Pomona is on the 17th.

Stay tuned to your favorite Bat Channel for futher announcements.

jim_hoyland
Is the Oceanside swapmeet an annual event that already has a following, or is this the 1st year ? I had not heard of it before.

Maybe someone from San Diego can chime in.
SLITS
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Sep 23 2010, 07:02 AM) *

Is the Oceanside swapmeet an annual event that already has a following, or is this the 1st year ? I had not heard of it before.

Maybe someone from San Diego can chime in.

They never had it before and, from my estimation, they are trying to commercialize (read .. make money) on an event.

Ours is still FREE except for the chowtime.gif flesh eating part of the roasting ... maybe we should change from $5.00 to $25.00. Then we could add the "Going Green" fee to pickup the mess left and so on and so on and so on.

What a pile of shit!!!!
jim_hoyland
If I had a choice for a swapmeet, it would be the G & R... smile.gif
Elliot Cannon
agree.gif agree.gif
Mike D.
This is at least the second year. This Event was the same date as G&R last Oct. and we split up. Alex went to this one and Lea and I went to G&R.

Oh well, do whatever...

Mike D.
dupe post, working a slow mac at the office today
SLITS
QUOTE(Mike D. @ Sep 23 2010, 01:20 PM) *

This is at least the second year. This Event was the same date as G&R last Oct. and we split up. Alex went to this one and Lea and I went to G&R.

Oh well, do whatever...

Not making an attempt to piss you off or divide. I will talk to Glenn and see if Oct 31st would be ok. Those with kids might be a tad reluctant to be gone, but then the G&R is a meeting of friends and a social event more than an opportunity to make money. It has been and always will be held in April and October. This would be about the 20th reincarnation of the event.
Mike D.
QUOTE(SLITS @ Sep 23 2010, 02:25 PM) *

Oh well, do whatever...

Not making an attempt to piss you off or divide. I will talk to Glenn and see if Oct 31st would be ok. Those with kids might be a tad reluctant to be gone, but then the G&R is a meeting of friends and a social event more than an opportunity to make money. It has been and always will be held in April and October. This would be about the 20th reincarnation of the event.

Not going to piss me off! smoke.gif
jim_hoyland

Oh well, do whatever...

What did Alex think of the Oceanside swap ? How many people set up ? Just trying to get an idea of what to expect....it's a long drive, but within the AAA 100 mile limit smile.gif
Heeltoe914
Looks like I will be at G&R at 6;30 so if you Have some great stuff to sell make sure to be at G&R early so my crew & I can BUY some parts from you and say hello, All off my crew have 914 projects on jack stands HAHAHA. Doing my part to keep 914s on the road having parts on hand makes that happen used or new.
I think by 10am I will head down to Oceanside to see how it gose really should not take more than 30-40 mins, to drive from Riverside. See you all in a few weeks.
type47fan
QUOTE(Heeltoe914 @ Sep 24 2010, 08:08 PM) *

Looks like I will be at G&R at 6;30 so if you got some great stuff to sell make sure to be at G&R early so I can BUY some parts from you. HAHAHA. Doing my part to keep 914s on the road having parts on hand makes that happen uesd or new.
I think by 10 I will head down to Oceanside to see how it gose really should not take more than 30-40 mins, to drive from Riverside. See you all in a few weeks.

I live in Carlsbad and have made the drive to G&R a couple of times. It's >75 miles so, realistically, you're looking at 1 hour 15 to 1 hour 30 to make the drive (unless you're driving the vehicle in your avatar!).

Also, I went to the swap meet in O'side last year and, IMO, think the Riverside event is superior in terms of the friendly atmosphere and the items to be had. The O'side event is new and hasn't developed a personality as yet. It lacks the intimate feel that the Inland Empire Fleshroasts have evolved.

One thing for sure, we'll all be somewhere that day . . . .
oldschool
QUOTE(Heeltoe914 @ Sep 24 2010, 09:08 PM) *

Looks like I will be at G&R at 6;30 so if you Have some great stuff to sell make sure to be at G&R early so my crew & I can BUY some parts from you and say hello, All off my crew have 914 projects on jack stands HAHAHA. Doing my part to keep 914s on the road having parts on hand makes that happen used or new.
I think by 10am I will head down to Oceanside to see how it gose really should not take more than 30-40 mins, to drive from Riverside. See you all in a few weeks.

leamon this is jaime I meet you a few times, G&R and at that other Porsche thing....any way do have a shop you work out of?
pete000
I hate when shows are on the same day !

I went to Ocean side last year and it was kind of small, but he wanted it to grow. Might try the G&R this year.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.