Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: First week as a 914 owner
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
loco914
What a week! Purchased the '74 Alaska Blue from Gary Deck (etcmss) on Tuesday 9/14 of all days. Drove it 884 miles back to TX with no real issues, and spent the rest of the week looking for reasons to just get in and go. My daughter has ordained herself as the official co-pilot and iPod DJ. She must now be taken to and picked up from school only in the 914.... On Tuesday evening was pulling into the parking garage at work and lost everything but 2nd and 3rd gear. stromberg.gif Got it home and found a crumbled mess of what used to be bushings in the shift linkage boot on the firewall. Purchased a full set of bushings and cone screws - 5 minutes to put the 2 into the U joint and was back on the road! driving.gif Will get the rest done later today. smash.gif So, my first road trip, and first repair are under my belt and I can't seem to wipe the biggrin.gif off my face...
Mary Shortridge
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
jt914-6
welcome.png
and
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
hot_shoe914
Now load up your daughter (she will have to skipschool), load the ipod and bring that car to the MUSR11 next month. Lot of other folks coming up from Texas so you can convoy with them. www.musr11.com Hope to see you there!

Shoe

welcome.png
type47
Congrats on your purchase, I looked at that car many times; it is a beautiful car. I have a friend looking for a 914 but he wasn't ready to pull the trigger.
Grelber
Congrats! There are quite a few of us here in the DFW area.
Cevan
welcome.png

884 miles, wow. I'll bet most of us have never driven our cars that far in one trip. I know my longest trip has only been about 175 miles.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Cevan @ Sep 23 2010, 08:41 AM) *

welcome.png

884 miles, wow. I'll bet most of us have never driven our cars that far in one trip. I know my longest trip has only been about 175 miles.

You need to venture out further and come on down to the MUSR11 on the Tail of the Dragon on the Tennessee/Carolina line. Others are coming from your area so you could convoy with them.

Shoe
Socalandy
welcome.png we need to see some pictures of your new ride!!
Tom_T
QUOTE(Cevan @ Sep 23 2010, 06:41 AM) *

welcome.png

Ahem ...... some of us would & more! Try 4000+ XC, Socal to WA, OR, UT, AZ, NM, NorCal, etc. on a regular basis back in the day!!!! I didn't get 172k on it as my DD driving local 1/2 day jaunts of 175 miles! And I wouldn't hestitate to drive mine again today, once the resto is done & everything mechanically sorted out locally!

welcome.png & congratz on a great color choice! drooley.gif

& I agree > thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Make sure your copilot gets this 914 passed on to her in good shape! w00t.gif
markb
welcome.png driving.gif
loco914
tail in the air, getting new shift bushings installed
race914
welcome.png

Ian Stott
Come on up to Canada, bit of a drive but you and your daughter will love it, you can also use it as an opportunity to test your heater and rear defroster!! Congrats on your purchase, nice looking car.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
johannes
welcome.png
TC 914-8
Vm welcome.png driving.gif
jsayre914
Nice lookin ride beerchug.gif

I love alaska Blue biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.