Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heat Shield Material
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Scott S
Hi all -
I am in dyer need of some heat shield material. I need to line the underside of an aluminum center tunnel. In a 45 minute drive last weekend I could barley rest my arm on it. Any ideas? Anything that is self adhesive?
The car has no top, pretty much no winshield, so it would most likely never be in rain, but I would still like it somewhat durable/weather proof.

Thanks a million for any direction -
Scott S
beerchug.gif
realred914
QUOTE(Scott Schroeder @ Sep 23 2010, 02:46 PM) *

Hi all -
I am in dyer need of some heat shield material. I need to line the underside of an aluminum center tunnel. In a 45 minute drive last weekend I could barley rest my arm on it. Any ideas? Anything that is self adhesive?
The car has no top, pretty much no winshield, so it would most likely never be in rain, but I would still like it somewhat durable/weather proof.

Thanks a million for any direction -
Scott S
beerchug.gif

i dont get what your trying to do, why is tunnel hot? What part is aluminium on teh tunnel, the top or the floor (under side)?

at any rate check out summit or jegs website for hot rod insulation material they have wraps, rolls, sheet etc.... double wall aluminum hear the heat source with stand off between to give a significant air gap can significantly reduce heat transfer to the other sheet of metal. give that a try also

shot some photgraphs on line to see what this car is about, sounds like cool car to me........ smilie_pokal.gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif
Scott S
Ah Jeez... I didn't even think about the musclecar catalogs - and I have a new Jegs and Summit in the garage. Thanks!

Here is the center tunnel. I am having a reproduction of the factory mat made up, but it is basically just an unlined piece of heavily grained vinyl. I want to line the underside of the aluminim as well.

Thanks again!!
IronHillRestorations
Yea, sure Scott. You just want to have a reason to post pictures of that way cool Jag!

Seriously, I've use some of the Thermotec stuff before. I don't know if this would do it, but they make a nice heat reflective mat that is self adhesive. http://www.thermotec.com/

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.