Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Camping at road atlanta
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ripper911
So, I'll be tent camping in the infield at road atlanta for Petit le Mans.

Anyone have suggestions as to where to be on the track for a good view, etc..

and, I'm sure there will be vendors and such for food so I shouldn't need to worry about cooking on a fire, but is that allowed? and would I be happy living off the available food for four days?

I've never been, so any suggestions are welcome.

Anyone here is welcome to come by my tent for refreshments or food... MEAT
beerchug.gif
carr914
I've never camped there, but I have seen some cool set-ups in the woods on the support roads, between the N & S ends of the track. The coolest viewing spot is the downhill esses 2-7. The Stadium is nice & close. Vendors too.

Look for the Carr914 Logo on a golf-cart

Click to view attachment
Jake Raby
Anywhere in the woods near the esses will be good.. Bring some bug repellent, in those woods the mosquitos breed pretty good...

Be careful where you set up, if it does rain the runoff can be pretty harsh..
jt914-6
Yes, near the esses is good......Infield camping is one big party.....not much sleep..... beerchug.gif
ripper911
Yay, thats what I was hoping. beerchug.gif
carr914
What Day are you getting there, Ripper?

I'll be there Wednesday

T.C.
Zimms
A cooler packed with lunch meat, grill items, and ice plus a cheap charcoal grill from a big box and some rolls is a cheap and easy way to have decent food. 4 days of track food could be rough.
naro914
Stop by the Porscheplatz tent/corral. Just across the bridge into the infield on the right..you can't miss it. Register to win prizes, Hot Pit tour, have a seat and watch the action on the big screen TV we have, get out of the sun - (not rain because there will be NO RAIN). It will be open Friday and Saturday all day. I'm sure I'll be there most of the time.
ripper911
I'll be getting there Thursday, I should have a good choice of camping spots.

I am parking in the Porscheplatz, so I'll be over there some for sure.

and... look at the MEAT link in the first post. jsharp.gif

I was thinking I'll bring a grill rack and just build a fire, or do they not allow that?
ripper911
Nevermind, I'll be there wednesday!

I've been confused... but I just got my ticket in the mail, wed-sat
ripper911
biggrin.gif ONE MORE QUESTION...

I know y'all haven't camped there, but you may know...

Since the race ends around 10pm saturday, I assume people are still partying and camping until sunday morning? beerchug.gif

or do I have to leave saturday night...
beer3.gif wacko.gif driving.gif headbang.gif
Jake Raby
While most people who are not camping leave Saturday night, those that are camping stay until Sunday morning. I am generally still tearing down my RV spot at noon!
SGB
You'll love it. There are plenty of spots getting there that early, and the weather should be nice- even cold at night. You will want food- something that's not fried or alcoholic- at least once or twice. You can certainly bring a grill. I've brought firewood too. I won't be there until Friday but will see you at the Platz I hope. What color is your car?
SGB
You'll love it.

mad.gif comcast
SGB
edit- triple post

argh!
ripper911
Look for the Bahia red 914 with a spitfire luggage rack, VW wheels and exhaust leak.
I should be easy to spot... happy11.gif
carr914
See you in a Couple of Days
naro914
We'll be there Thursday afternoon till the end. If you want to stop by around 3:30 or so and help set up the Porscheplatz tent, please do, we may need the help.
ripper911
certainly, I'm always willing to help.
and see some pretty cars.
by 3:30 I'll be a little buzzed I'm sure, especially if my bottled water is green, lol.
ripper911
Here's my tent

it was a blast!
IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.