Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914World Internet Concours Event
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tod914
Just wanted to let everyone know, we plan on doing an Virtual Concours event here on the site. We will have Judges whom are members of this site with PCA Judging experience, several groups to choose from, possibly a peoples choice, and awards to go to the winners. The groups will be Preservation Group, Restoration Group, and Preperation Group. We will be judging Exterior, Interior, Trunks and Wheels, and Engine bays. No wheel wells or undercarriage for this event. Group desciptions will follow once the entrant rules are posted. We are still working out all the particulars so it runs smooth as possible. Tenative date for this would be late October. All the details will follow in the concours forum. Will keep you all updated as we progress. Looking foward to seeing you enter. Should be fun. If you judged before and are interested in helping out, please send me a pm.

Thanks, Tod
Pat Garvey

I'm on for judging. Have a "little" experience there.
Pat
qa1142
Interesting idea.gif
Elliot Cannon
Concours?? confused24.gif Pretty much leaves my cars out. av-943.gif
tod914
Actually no Elliot! The Preperation Group will accomodate all custom 914's, race cars, basically anything that isn't geared towards being 100% original. So by all means enter smile.gif
Mike Bellis
I admire your enthusiasm but this whole idea sounds silly. Much of this will come down to who has the best camera, lighting and photography experience.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Sep 23 2010, 08:14 PM) *

I admire your enthusiasm but this whole idea sounds silly. Much of this will come down to who has the best camera, lighting and photography experience.

Like you don't know anything about looking at pictures on the internet all day... av-943.gif
Andyrew
LOL!

I agree a good camera will help.. Hell I'll borrow my friends 1500 camera and enter myself!! "No judge, thats not primer, Thats the REFLECTION of primer on the vehicle next to it!"
bandjoey
Will there be a trophy for ugliest or dirtiest car??? first.gif

I like the idea so we can see other great car pics.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Sep 23 2010, 10:35 PM) *

Will there be a trophy for ugliest or dirtiest car??? first.gif

If there is, I will be a "Shoe"in to win it. And with 2 of the ugliest cars around I have a double shot at scoring. first.gif
Andyrew
Thats MY trophy

I've got the Ugliest 914 around!!!
campbellcj
Interesting idea. I kinda disagree that better photography would necessarily be an advantage. Actually having sharper, higher-res, better-composed images would reveal flaws more conspicuously. On the other hand, blurry Andy-style pictures can hide a lot!

LOL, I have top-notch camera gear but my car is so far from CW status that I will not be entering smile.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(tod914 @ Sep 23 2010, 06:37 PM) *

Actually no Elliot! The Preperation Group will accomodate all custom 914's, race cars, basically anything that isn't geared towards being 100% original. So by all means enter smile.gif

When I enter the picture, can I leave the FOR SALE sign on the car? lol-2.gif
computers4kids
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Sep 23 2010, 09:44 PM) *

Interesting idea. I kinda disagree that better photography would necessarily be an advantage. Actually having sharper, higher-res, better-composed images would reveal flaws more conspicuously. On the other hand, blurry Andy-style pictures can hide a lot!

agree.gif
Does the car have to be "real?" I can make a "10" digitally.
GeorgeRud
Can't we have a jackstand class as well?
iamchappy
Best Photoshop skills win.....
mepstein
I already photoshoped Sahara Steve's car. Is that a problem? confused24.gif
tod914
Any indication of photo retouching = automatic disqualification. The pictures will be very specific of what's required to enter. The event is designed to be fun and to try something new for the club. Think of it as a car show with your online buddies from the club site. So really no need to try to doctor up photos. I'll post the Entrant instructions over on the Concours forum in a couple weeks so you guys can see what it entails. Digital photos do hide alot of flaws as well as create artifacts, were taking that into account as best we can. I'll keep you guys updated.
johannes
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Sep 24 2010, 06:20 AM) *

Best Photoshop skills win.....

I have my chance, I can do photoshoping quite well ... lol-2.gif
McMark
Crap, there are a lot of haters. dry.gif

This could be cool. I don't have anything to enter in this round, but hopefully there will be another one. That is if the nay-sayers can keep their negative attitudes to themselves.
azbill
Round it out with a jack stand class or rustiest HAHAHAHA
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Sep 23 2010, 09:14 PM) *

"Silly"?
It's meant to be a fun event! Is your 914 that filthy that you wouldn't give it a shot?

Don't be so negative. It's a bunch of clean freaks from thousands of mile apart who are just trying to have some fun.

Tod's post could have limited it to the O & E forum, but he's invited all to to play by posting it here.

You don't have to partake, but please don't "diss" those who may want to.

Remember, there are NO trophies. Nothing is to be gained or lost by taking part.

Silly, huh?
Pat
rwilner
FWIW -- I think this is an awesome idea! drunk.gif

What a great way to inspire those who are undergoing labors of love to repair/restore. AND get some good ideas for my own teener!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.