Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: new motor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sc42766
hi, as i stated in another post , i think my 1.7l is going to nees a rebuilt.
my question is , instead of putting money on my 1.7 , should i try to find a 2.0l instead ? is it as easy to take my 1.7 off and putting the 2.0l in or do i need modifications ? and what is the difference in long and short block , is there one that i would need more ?

tanks

brant
it will bolt right in
you may need to upgrade the accesory parts..
(depending on tailshift/sideshift) you may end up needing different motor mounts, exhaust, fuel injection

but it will bolt right in

find a 2.0 that is complete with everything
the small parts are out there, but it is a pain to search down every little piece of exhaust, or little piece of fuel injection, etc.

buy a complete running motor and just bolt it in

brant
Rod
Is your 1.7 running the original FI or carbs?? If FI and thats in good order rebuild the 1.7 to a slightly higher spec but still using the FI as it's a reliable and dependable system.

If you have carbs, build a nifty 2.0 or even bigger - if you do go 2.0 you'll probably need a new exhaust too, as the 1.7 HE's and system are restrictive on a 2.0 or bigger..
mihai914
I have a friend in Plattsburgh NY who has a complete 2.0 with FI and SS heat exchagers 1500$, you basically just need to change the fuel hoses and some seals and it will be ready to go. Send me a PM and I'll forward you the info.

Are you in Montreal?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.