Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 904 sighting today.. sexy beast
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brer
Went by a local shop today and spotted this.

Click to view attachment

Its remarkable.. but its not real. Still, the thought of owning one really got my pulse going. Build quality was very nice and the lines looked just right from every angle. One of my complaints about the plastic speedsters has always been that they are just a tad bit wrong. This one has none of that.

brer
Ok, its not going to fool any fanatics but still you have to admit that it looks like fun. 1400lbs. of plastic covered tube chassis with a 2.0L six cylinder.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

brer
This is $95,000 as it sits.
brer
some pics of one in the works.

brer
asdf
Gustl
cool driving.gif

the 904 is one of the most exciting Porsches ever wub.gif

here's the real one drooley.gif

brer
I had a moment where I thought that this must have been what it was like at a porsche repair shop in LA in the 50's
brer
QUOTE(Gustl @ Sep 24 2010, 11:41 PM) *

cool driving.gif

the 904 is one of the most exciting Porsches ever wub.gif

here's the real one drooley.gif

four cylinder yes?

This was modelled after a six cylinder version that lives here in san diego. Expecting to see it on Sunday!
Gustl
QUOTE(brer @ Sep 25 2010, 07:43 AM) *

four cylinder yes?

yupp - 4 Cylinder Fuhrmann engine with 180 PS

here's a real 6-Cylinder:

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

swl
QUOTE(brer @ Sep 24 2010, 10:41 PM) *

I had a moment where I thought that this must have been what it was like at a porsche repair shop in LA in the 50's

Wow - porsche heaven!
Rleog
At around $1 million per copy, the original 904 Carrera GTS's are within reach of the ulta rich. This is a fine replicar with obvious care taken to get the original's beautiful lines correct.

For a look at another well done replicar, google Beck 904 for Chuck Beck's version. Also there will be links to youtube film of a Beck 904 on track.
KaptKaos
QUOTE(brer @ Sep 24 2010, 11:41 PM) *

More like this. happy11.gif

Click to view attachment
nsr-jamie
Thats a nice replica car...looks to be a Beck car...he has done some bodywork and custom fender GT work on the 914 cars as well...I have talked to him before and he is a cool guy.

I once had the lucky chance to see a real 904 here in Japan and got to sit in it and pretend I was driving it, this car was a 6 cylinder version and was just beautiful. It took 4 years to restore and is valued at around 1.6 Million USD...the present owner who is into real estate owns this car, a real 911R and several 356 cars. Here is a picture of his real 904

IPB Image

Drums66
....Thankyou for the pic's flag.gif shades.gif
bye1.gif
johannes
QUOTE(nsr-jamie @ Sep 25 2010, 08:39 AM) *

the present owner who is into real estate owns this car, a real 911R and several 356 cars. Here is a picture of his real 904

I need another job ... hissyfit.gif
904svo
Here are some pictures of my 904 with a 914 1.7 ltr test engine with MegaSquirt 1
and my 547 type fan, which does cool the engine.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Britain Smith
That rear suspension on the beck replica looks like it might be a good fit in the back of the 914.

Hey 904svo, your car is screaming for a 6-cylinder hot rod motor. I just happen to have one that would be perfect for your car.

-Britain
904svo
QUOTE(Britain Smith @ Sep 25 2010, 10:23 AM) *

That rear suspension on the beck replica looks like it might be a good fit in the back of the 914.

Hey 904svo, your car is screaming for a 6-cylinder hot rod motor. I just happen to have one that would be perfect for your car.

-Britain

The 904 street version came with a 547 4cam/4 cylinder engine, So I'm trying to keep it looking stock even down to the fan!

Here are pictures of the 2.0 ltr engine with all the problems fix from the test engine.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Britain Smith
Is that some sort of coil on plug arrangement?

-Britain
sean_v8_914
Thunder ranch has done a fine job with that car. it was at Coronado today. the work in progress is #2 and the one next to it, #3, belongs to a 914/6 pilot. why isnt anyone commenting on the pc of real Porsche history on teh left? that aluminum tub is the real deal
brer
because no one knows about it and I don't know enough to tell it properly.

huh.gif
carr914
Click to view attachment
brer
the aluminum tub is an open wheel racer. Indy?
904svo
QUOTE(Britain Smith @ Sep 25 2010, 07:58 PM) *

Is that some sort of coil on plug arrangement?

-Britain

They are VW cops which I'm running in wasted spark mode on Mega squirt MS1 extra. I turn them into CNP instead of COP.
charliew
Why are the replica side windows not like the original? is it because the roll down window has more cooling for a street car?
brer
QUOTE(charliew @ Sep 26 2010, 08:44 AM) *

Why are the replica side windows not like the original? is it because the roll down window has more cooling for a street car?

there are a few variations of the 904
904svo
QUOTE(charliew @ Sep 26 2010, 07:44 AM) *

Try a pay somebody thru the window, also it does provide more cooling inside. Thats what I did on my replica. I use early model 914 window crank assy with
Lexon windows.
bandjoey
904SVO. BRING THAT CAR TO MUSR. After all, it's an honorary 914, right?

I know everyone would like to see it in person. Get Registered! Bill cheer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.