Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsches Wild IV - LVR PCA Zone 8
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VegasRacer
The Las Vegas Region of the PCA held it's annual car show on Freemont street April 17th. There were only 2 teeners mixed in with a lot of tail draggers, plus a few others. The CW's got their Q-tips out for some last minute cleaning before the judging started.

The autocross is tomorrow at the Speedway.
More photos will be posted after the event.
VegasRacer
A nice flared six.
Gint
Thanks John. We (I) love 914 pics!
VegasRacer
NARP
VegasRacer
Autocross tire trailer.
VegasRacer
One for Rich and the Alien.
VegasRacer
It's all good.
VegasRacer
The auto-X part of the weekend event was co-sponsored by the SCCA.
There were 30 / 40 Porsches (including 8 teeners) and about 70 / 80 other SCCA entries.

Boxsters, 944's and tail draggers were soundly defeated. ar15.gif chair.gif
The top three quickest times for Porsches were all by 914's. smilie_pokal.gif clap56.gif

The three fastest teeners are shown below in order. driving.gif smilie_flagge24.gif
Yours truely was 3rd fastest. (Not bad since I had not Autocrossed in over 3 years)
VegasRacer
Line up for tech and on the grid.
VegasRacer
In the pits.
VegasRacer
Somebody forgot to tell this guy that "you can't turbo a 914'.
VegasRacer
Two more nice 914's. One competitor & one spectator.
Brad Roberts
Cool shots John !!

I need to off one of thise BIG HONKIN rear wings like the one on the back of the teal 914.

B
Dave_Darling
OK, B--I can borrow a baseball bat and help you "off" it... Ugh, me no likey!! barf.gif

I can't even tell what kind of engine is in that red Turbo car. Too much stuff in the way! lol3.gif Izzit a four, or a six, or some other kind of transplant?

--DD
VegasRacer
The red turbo is a 4. There was lots of stuff in the way that I could not identify. All of it was coated with oil and dirt.

Here is a much cleaner installation of a Type 1 motor.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.