Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need a 2.0 fuel injector today Saturday SF Bay Area
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Michael N
My wife is/was planning on taking her car to Auto on the Ave car show in Los Gatos today. When I backed her car out of the garage I noticed the smell of gas. Checked the engine and she has a cracked injector. I am looking for one green injector that I can get her to the show today with. If you are in the South Bay area and can help with a loaner it would be appreciated. The show stages at 3:30 . It needs a 2.0 green injector. headbang.gif

Email Roxydogg@comcast.net
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Michael N @ Sep 25 2010, 01:52 PM) *

My wife is/was planning on taking her car to Auto on the Ave car show in Los Gatos today. When I backed her car out of the garage I noticed the smell of gas. Checked the engine and she has a cracked injector. I am looking for one green injector that I can get her to the show today with. If you are in the south bay and can help with a loaner it would be appreciated. The show stages at 3:30 . It needs a 2.0 green injector. headbang.gif

Goodluck, I have a bunch but am way too far away to be of any help. sad.gif
jim_hoyland
Good luck Mike; please post a pic of the cracked injector when you get a chance. I've never heard of one cracking----- sad.gif
tod914
New ones on Ebay for $125.00 I think. Hope that helps.
bfrymire
QUOTE(Michael N @ Sep 25 2010, 11:52 AM) *

My wife is/was planning on taking her car to Auto on the Ave car show in Los Gatos today. When I backed her car out of the garage I noticed the smell of gas. Checked the engine and she has a cracked injector. I am looking for one green injector that I can get her to the show today with. If you are in the South Bay area and can help with a loaner it would be appreciated. The show stages at 3:30 . It needs a 2.0 green injector. headbang.gif

This is probablty too late.. I have two NIB.

(email bounced for me...)
Michael N
Thank You Jeff Bowlsby!!! smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

Kathy left for the show at 3:25 and will make it by 3:35.

I will post pics etc later after the show.
Michael N
QUOTE(Michael N @ Sep 25 2010, 02:50 PM) *

Thank You Jeff Bowlsby!!! smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

Kathy left for the show at 3:25 and will make it by 3:35.

I will post pics etc later after the show.

So here is a picture of where the injector was leaking. It is at a seam so not cracked but still leaking.

Click to view attachment

Kathy did make the car show and there was a good turn out of cars 100+. The show had all types of cars and most were exceptional quality. Kathy was parked next to a 7,500 miles 1989 speedster. Yes, not a typo 7,500 miles. Many newer cars and all the awards went to the 2006 - 2010 model cars with the exception of the Camero pace car and the Ferrari/250GT California. I did meet some 914 guys from the East Bay and we walked as a group to the next lot to check out a 914 that was parked in a lot there. Only 1 asshat with the "thats not a real porsche, see the VW logo on the window" guy there. He was the one wearing a polo shirt from the '80's with the flashy gold Porsche logo. I think it was too hot for his Members Only jacket. I did not take many pictures but here are a few.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Michael N
a few more. Kathy was happy to have her car out and very Thankful to Jeff Bowlsby for coming through with the injector. Thanks again Jeff. smilie_pokal.gif

Nolan thought his momma was cool for having her car with all the other cool cars.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

jim_hoyland
Nice car ! Thanks for sharing. smile.gif
kkid
Allow me to post more pix of the beautiful Bumble Bee. cheer.gif

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment

Mike, it's nice to see you there.

kkid smile.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.