Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shift linkage boot (cover)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ripper911
I walked out to the parking lot a few minutes ago, and noticed something on the bottom of my car. dry.gif

So, I look, and it is the cover that goes over the connection for the shift rod at the transmission end. The strap is still in place, but I know the end of it has been bent a little bit trying to get it on and off again and again doing my clutch recently.

Any other good ways to hold that thingy on?
I'm working all weekend, so i'll be in a work van for a couple of days. I might just pull it off before going home, or try to slip it back on and hope it holds, or duct tape...
givemebeer.gif
type47
Go to your local hardware store and get a stainless steel "hose" clamp like the ones that have a little worm gear drive to tighten them up. If you can't find one long enough, get 2 and put them together. Here, those type of clamps are in the plumbing section around vent hoses, rubber hoses and such...
bandjoey
Yep. I got 3 really large -like4"- hose clamps and put them together. It snugs up really tight.
rfuerst911sc
Home Depot and Lowes have large screw clamps so you can get this done with one just need to get the right size.
ripper911
Thanks everybody, I'll try that!
boldblue.gif girlboing.gif prop.gif clown2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.