Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: question about a jake cam
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brant
I have the full raby cam kit that I'm using in my current rebuild (trying to put it together today)

anyways, with the full Jake valvetrain kit... the new cam gear needs to be bolted onto the cam.

What is the proper torque for these bolts?
should this be a red loc-tite application?

thanks all
I apparently did not get the directions in my packaging... (saved everything)

brant
bam914
Red loctite and 20ft/lbs. If it came with the lock washer, throw them away. Check the clearance on the bolts to the case and oil pump. The back side of the bolts may hit the case.
Bleyseng
Yes, Red Loctite and 20lbs.....assemble the cam and fit it with the oil pump in place, double check the clearance of the cam bolts!!!
brant
you guys are awesome

thanks for the saturday afternoon advice!

brant
VaccaRabite
Oh cool. I just got the email you sent me about it. Glad these guys were able to get you what you needed before I got home tonight.

Zach
Jake Raby
Glad you got the answer.. Blake was on it in my absence! Thanks Blake!

(you know I have a forum where a search would have netted you these answers in a jiffy, right?)
RJMII
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Sep 25 2010, 07:52 PM) *

Glad you got the answer.. Blake was on it in my absence! Thanks Blake!

(you know I have a forum where a search would have netted you these answers in a jiffy, right?)

Yeah, but then how would we all know he got 'the good stuff'? wink.gif

Brant, you going to post pics of your build as progress comes along? biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.